No. 6 Baylor holds off Oklahoma StateFeb 5, 2012 - 12:35 AM Baylor survived to take a 64-60 win over Oklahoma State.
Pierre Jackson scored 16 points while Quincy Acy added 11 points and 12 rebounds for the Bears (21-2, 8-2 Big 12), who have won four straight since dropping two straight for their only losses of the season.
"It feels good. Every time we have played here before, we have lost," said Acy. "It's also good to get a win up here for Coach (Scott) Drew."
Brian Williams had a game-high 23 points while Keiton Page added 15 points and Le'Bryan Nash scored 11 for the Cowboys (11-12, 4-6), who have dropped five of their last seven.
"I'm very proud of the effort our team put into it," said Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford. "We couldn't have played any harder. Our guys left it on the court. I wouldn't say we played particularly well, but we played hard."
Oklahoma State had never led the entire game, but a 10-2 run capped on a Page three-pointer with under two minutes to play gave the team its first lead of the contest, 57-56.
Acy, though, answered with an emphatic dunk and, following a missed three-ball from Page, Brady Heslip made a pair of free throws for a three-point lead.
Page then turned the ball over, with Heslip picking it up and hit another two from the line with 18.5 to play.
Markel Brown hit a three-pointer with 9.4 seconds to play to make it a 62-60 game.
Heslip then missed the first free throw, but Acy grabbed the offensive board and Anthony Jones hit his two foul shots with 2.8 seconds left to seal the win.
Baylor led by as many as 12 points in the first half, but Oklahoma State kept the game from getting out of hand and trailed, 37-29, after 20 minutes of play.
After a Nash layup tied the game at 39-all five minutes into the second half, Baylor scored the next nine points with Jackson hitting consecutive three- balls for a 48-39 lead with just over 10 minutes to play.
The Cowboys host Iowa State on Tuesday...Baylor hosts Kansas on Wednesday...Baylor has won seven of the last 11 against Oklahoma State, but still trails in the series, 51-18. The Bears took a 106-65 decision over the Cowboys in Baylor on January 14.
- BAYLOR: 64
OKLAHOMA STATE: 60
Feb 4 3:52 PM
- BAYLOR: 37
OKLAHOMA STATE: 29
Feb 4 2:36 PM
- BAYLOR: 0
OKLAHOMA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 4 2:01 PM
- Smart among trio of players returning to Oklahoma State Apr 17
- Baylor blasts Iowa for NIT title Apr 5
- NIT title up for grabs, as Hawkeyes clash with Bears Apr 4
- Baylor tops BYU, advances to NIT final Apr 2
- Bears clash with Cougars in NIT semifinals Apr 2
- Ducks advance with win over Oklahoma State Mar 21
- Ducks, Cowboys collide in Midwest Regional action Mar 21
- Ducks, Cowboys collide in Midwest Regional action Mar 20
- K-State ousts OK State to reach Big 12 final Mar 16
- Pokes, 'Cats tangle in Big 12 semifinal round Mar 15
- Forte's late free throws leads Oklahoma State over Baylor Mar 15
- Cowboys, Bears clash in Big 12 Tournament action Mar 14