Murray State routs Austin PeayFeb 12, 2012 - 4:38 AM Murray State to an 82-63 rout of Austin Peay.
Jewuan Long and Ivan Aska each added 12 points for the Racers (24-1, 12-1 OVC), who moved closer to their third straight Ohio Valley Conference regular season championship. They also bounced back from their first loss of the season, having dropped a 72-68 decision at home to Tennessee State on Thursday.
Alton Williams had 15 points, while Josh Terry and John Fraley each scored 13 for Austin Peay (9-18, 6-7), which lost its fourth in a row.
The Racers used a 21-5 run to surge to a 28-12 lead. Long capped the spurt with a three-pointer, and Murray State held a 37-24 advantage at the half.
The hosts put to rest any ideas Austin Peay had of a comeback by shooting 14- of-23 from the field over the final 20 minutes. Latreze Mushatt's tip-in provided a 48-24 lead with 17:27 remaining, and the Racers were comfortably in front the rest of the contest.
Herdie Lawrence scored 12 points for Austin Peay, which made 52.2 percent of its shots in the second half...Stacy Wilson scored 10 for the Racers, who turned 18 Austin Peay turnovers into 25 points.
- Belmont punches ticket to NCAA Tourney with OT win Mar 10
- Racers and Bruins collide in OVC Title Game Mar 9
- Murray State suspends Zay Jackson Sep 10
- Murray State gives Prohm 1-year extension Mar 26
- Marquette rallies past Racers, gains Sweet 16 spot Mar 18
- West Regional matchup pits Racers against Golden Eagles Mar 17
- Murray State races past Colorado State Mar 15
- Racers begin anticipated tourney run against Rams Mar 15
- Murray State wins OVC title Mar 3
- Tigers and Racers battle for OVC Tournament title Mar 3
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2