No. 4 Connecticut crushes MarquetteFeb 26, 2012 - 12:51 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis netted a game-high 27 points and pulled down seven rebounds as fourth-ranked Connecticut crushed Marquette, 85-45, on Saturday.
Tiffany Hayes poured in 20 points to go with 10 rebounds, while Bria Hartley chipped in with eight points and five rebounds, and Brianna Banks also added eight points for the Huskies (26-3, 13-2 Big East), who have won back-to-back games since losing to St. John's on February 18.
Katherine Plouffe paced the Golden Eagles (13-15, 4-11) with 16 points, while Arlesia Morse added seven points and six rebounds in defeat.
UConn opened the game with the first six points, but Gabi Minix and Morse drained back-to-back threes to pull the Golden Eagles even.
The Huskies then put some space between themselves and Marquette with a 9-0 run to take a 15-6 lead with just under 13 minutes to play in the first half.
Connecticut led, 34-21, at halftime as they held Marquette to just 18.8 percent shooting through the first 20 minutes.
The Huskies came out in the second half and dominated, shooting 57.7 percent from the floor and 6-of-9 from beyond the arc. They outscored the Golden Eagles, 51-24, in the second half to win going away.
UConn received 43 points from their bench, while the Marquette bench produced only 21 points.
- CONNECTICUT: 85
Feb 25 7:04 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 34
Feb 25 5:58 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 25 5:07 PM
- Connecticut wins 8th title in rout of Louisville Apr 10
- Cardinals, Huskies battle for NCAA title Apr 9
- Fourth Time's The Charm: UConn downs Notre Dame to reach title game Apr 8
- UConn cruises to sixth straight Final Four Apr 1
- Stewart shines as UConn coasts past Maryland Mar 30
- Auriemma inks five-year extension with UConn Mar 27
- UConn cruises against Commodores in Storrs Mar 25
- Top-seed UConn moves on with rout of Idaho Mar 23
- Notre Dame edges UConn for first Big East Tournament title Mar 12
- No. 3 UConn beats Syracuse for spot in Big East final Mar 11
- Stewart leads No. 3 UConn past DePaul in Big East quarters Mar 10
- Notre Dame survives UConn in 3 OTs to win Big East outright Mar 4