Holt's 41 points help Middle Tennessee upset LSUDec 29, 2007 - 4:19 AM MURFREESBORO, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Amber Holt scored a career-high 41 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Middle Tennessee posted a 67-56 upset victory over No. 8 Louisiana State University.
Brandi Brown scored eight points and Emily Queen hauled in 12 boards for the Blue Raiders (7-5), who knocked off a top-10 team for just the third time in school history.
Middle Tennessee was helped by the absence of Wooden Award candidate Sylvia Fowles, who underwent knee surgery earlier this week and is out two to four weeks. The 6-6 senior had been averaging a team-high 17.4 points and 9.7 rebounds in 11 games.
Holt, whose point total was the second-most in school history, connected on 15-of-25 from the floor and 11-of-12 from the foul line while adding four steals in her 40 minutes of playing time.
The Blue Raiders, who shot just 32 percent to lead, 25-22, at halftime, shot 46 percent in the second half to pull away.
Allison Hightower scored 13 points and Quianna Chaney scored 11 for the Lady Tigers (9-3), who suffer their first loss in three games vs. Middle Tennessee.
- LSU: 56
MIDDLE TENNESSEE: 67
Dec 28 9:47 PM
- LSU: 22
MIDDLE TENNESSEE: 25
Dec 28 8:44 PM
- Second-half surge springs Cal past LSU Mar 31
- Webb leads LSU in upset over Penn State Mar 27
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Louisville defends home floor to advance Mar 24
- LSU knocks off No. 8 Kentucky Feb 24
- LSU knocks off No. 9 Georgia Feb 10
- No. 5 Kentucky holds off LSU Jan 27
- Stallworth, No. 7 Kentucky rout MTSU Dec 9
- Lady Lions log double-digit win versus LSU Mar 21
- LSU rallies to take down San Diego State in first round Mar 18
- LSU tops Kentucky to reach SEC title game Mar 3
- LSU upsets No. 6 Kentucky Feb 5