Holt's 41 points help Middle Tennessee upset LSUDec 29, 2007 - 4:19 AM MURFREESBORO, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Amber Holt scored a career-high 41 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Middle Tennessee posted a 67-56 upset victory over No. 8 Louisiana State University.
Brandi Brown scored eight points and Emily Queen hauled in 12 boards for the Blue Raiders (7-5), who knocked off a top-10 team for just the third time in school history.
Middle Tennessee was helped by the absence of Wooden Award candidate Sylvia Fowles, who underwent knee surgery earlier this week and is out two to four weeks. The 6-6 senior had been averaging a team-high 17.4 points and 9.7 rebounds in 11 games.
Holt, whose point total was the second-most in school history, connected on 15-of-25 from the floor and 11-of-12 from the foul line while adding four steals in her 40 minutes of playing time.
The Blue Raiders, who shot just 32 percent to lead, 25-22, at halftime, shot 46 percent in the second half to pull away.
Allison Hightower scored 13 points and Quianna Chaney scored 11 for the Lady Tigers (9-3), who suffer their first loss in three games vs. Middle Tennessee.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LSU (8) 22 34 56
MIDDLE TENN 25 42 67 FINAL
Dec 28 9:47 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(8) LSU 22
MIDDLE TENN 25 HALFTIME
Dec 28 8:44 PM
- Thompson sparks No. 18 Kentucky women to 70-58 win over LSU Feb 7
- Vivians leads No. 11 Mississippi State to 71-52 win over LSU Feb 4
- Cunningham, No. 22 Missouri women beat LSU 52-46 Jan 28
- No. 20 Florida women rally to defeat LSU 53-45 Jan 17
- No. 13 Texas A&M women pull away from LSU 53-35 Jan 10
- Top-ranked UConn routs LSU 86-40 despite Stewart's absence Dec 21
- No. 8 Kentucky women beat Middle Tennessee 68-52 Dec 13
- Bulls best Lady Tigers to advance Mar 21
- Louisville rolls past LSU into the Elite Eight Mar 30
- LSU upsets WVU in second-round clash Mar 26
- Raiders routed by Oregon State Mar 23
- Lady Tigers tackle Georgia Tech in tourney opener Mar 23