Arriaran's 3s lead No. 17 Texas past Oral RobertsDec 2, 2009 - 4:19 AM AUSTIN, Texas(AP) -- Erika Arriaran made seven 3-pointers and scored a career-high 23 points, helping No. 17 Texas shake off a rocky first half to beat Oral Roberts 94-80 on Tuesday night.
Arriaran set a career best for 3s and grabbed four rebounds. Brittainey Raven added a season-high 16 points, and Kat Nash finished with 19 points and nine rebounds for the Longhorns (5-2).
Kevi Luper was held to 19 points on 6-of-16 shooting for Oral Roberts (4-2). The freshman guard was leading the nation 30.3 points per game after scoring 29 against Sam Houston State the previous night.
In the first six minutes of the second half, Arriaran made three 3-pointers. Her long-range shooting combined with stingy Texas defense keyed a 22-11 run that gave the Longhorns their biggest lead, 60-49.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ORAL ROBERTS 80
TEXAS (17) 94 FINAL
Dec 1 10:08 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ORAL ROBERTS 40
TEXAS (17) 43 HALFTIME
Dec 1 9:02 PM
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Atkins and Texas overpowers Missouri 73-55 to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Missouri-Texas Preview Mar 20
- Muscular No. 10 Missouri's size a concern for No. 2 Texas Mar 20
- Big 3rd quarter sends Texas over Alabama State 86-42 Mar 20
- Alabama St.-Texas Preview Mar 18
- NM State women breeze by Rio Grande Valley for WAC title Mar 12