Arriaran's 3s lead No. 17 Texas past Oral RobertsDec 2, 2009 - 4:19 AM AUSTIN, Texas(AP) -- Erika Arriaran made seven 3-pointers and scored a career-high 23 points, helping No. 17 Texas shake off a rocky first half to beat Oral Roberts 94-80 on Tuesday night.
Arriaran set a career best for 3s and grabbed four rebounds. Brittainey Raven added a season-high 16 points, and Kat Nash finished with 19 points and nine rebounds for the Longhorns (5-2).
Kevi Luper was held to 19 points on 6-of-16 shooting for Oral Roberts (4-2). The freshman guard was leading the nation 30.3 points per game after scoring 29 against Sam Houston State the previous night.
In the first six minutes of the second half, Arriaran made three 3-pointers. Her long-range shooting combined with stingy Texas defense keyed a 22-11 run that gave the Longhorns their biggest lead, 60-49.
- ORAL ROBERTS: 80
Dec 1 10:08 PM
- ORAL ROBERTS: 40
Dec 1 9:02 PM
- Lady Vols march on after dominating Oral Roberts Mar 23
- Griner powers No. 1 Baylor past Texas Feb 23
- Baylor pounds Texas for 20th straight win Feb 10
- Baylor takes out Oral Roberts Dec 12
- Texas names Aston women's basketball coach Apr 3
- Texas women's hoops coach Goestenkors resigns Mar 19
- Lady Mountaineers survive the Lady Longhorns' rally to advance Mar 17
- Baylor women secure Big 12 title with rout of Texas Feb 21
- Griner's double-double helps Baylor stay perfect Jan 15
- McMorris and Marquette march through Texas Mar 19
- Texas A&M cruises past Texas, reaches Big 12 semis Mar 9
- No. 5 Texas A&M fends off late Texas rally Feb 27