James Madison tops LongwoodDec 22, 2009 - 12:34 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Dawn Evans scored 32 points and had six assists to lead No. 25 James Madison to an 85-67 win over Longwood on Monday.
Evans, a junior point guard and the nation's second-leading scorer, entered the top 10 on James Madison's career scoring list.
She scored 19 of her 32 points for the Dukes (8-1) in the first half and shot 9 for 17 from the floor for the game - including 4 of 9 from 3-point range. She also made 10 of 11 free throws.
Brittani Billups led the Lancers (4-9) with 17 points, one of four Longwood players to finish in double figures. Morgan Smith had 12, Krystal Garrison had 11 and Chelsea Coward added 10.
Sarah Williams scored 13 points for James Madison. The Lancers cut James Madison's lead to 12 with 5:58 to play, but they never got any closer.
- Cowgirls defeat Dukes for WNIT Title Mar 31
- James Madison extends women's basketball coach, two others Sep 13
- Explosive Oklahoma knocks off James Madison Mar 20
- Temple beats James Madison, 65-53 Mar 21
- James Madison-Temple Preview Mar 20
- Old Dominion 53, James Madison 67 Mar 14
- James Madison beat Old Dominion for CAA title Mar 14
- Delaware 83, James Madison 88 Feb 19
- JMU's high-scoring Evans fighting kidney disease Feb 17
- Drexel upsets No. 25 James Madison 68-67 Jan 3
- Evans has 28 points, leads James Madison to win Dec 30
- Evans paces No. 25 James Madison to win Dec 29