Gray-Lawson scores 47 points in Cal winJan 24, 2010 - 6:01 AM CORVALLIS, Ore.(AP) -- Alexis Gray-Lawson scored a school-record 47 points to help California beat Oregon State 79-75 in double overtime Saturday night.
Gray-Lawson broke the Cal record of 45 set by Jennifer Bennett against Arizona in January 1987. Gray-Lawson was 13 of 31 from the field and 17 of 20 at the free-throw line, tying a school record for free throws made in a game. She's the fourth player in school history to score more than 40 points in a game.
California (10-8, 4-3 Pacific-10) outscored Oregon State (9-8, 1-6) 11-7 in the second overtime. Talisa Rhea had 25 points, seven rebounds and five assists for Oregon State, which has lost six straight.
Oregon State's El Sara Greer made one of two free throws with 7.5 seconds left in regulation to send the game to a first overtime.
Rhea made three foul shots with 4 seconds left in the first overtime to push it to another extra period.
- CALIFORNIA: 79
OREGON STATE: 75
Final - 2OT
Jan 24 12:29 AM
- CALIFORNIA: 60
OREGON STATE: 60
End of Regulation
Jan 23 11:57 PM
- CALIFORNIA: 31
OREGON STATE: 32
Jan 23 10:48 PM
- Gray leads No. 2 Duke over No. 9 Cal Nov 10
- Louisville rallies in second half to reach title game Apr 7
- Clarendon leads Cal to first-ever Final Four Apr 2
- Second-half surge springs Cal past LSU Mar 31
- California outlasts South Florida in overtime to earn Sweet 16 berth Mar 26
- Boyd and Bears bounce Fresno State Mar 23
- No. 14 UCLA knocks off No. 5 Cal in Pac-12 semis Mar 10
- No. 5 California handles USC in Pac-12 quarters Mar 8
- California rolls over Washington, claims share of Pac-12 title Mar 2
- Clarendon guides California past Washington State Mar 1
- California rallies from slow start to hold off Oregon State Feb 24
- No. 4 Stanford dominates Oregon State Feb 23