No. 10 UCLA gets past USCFeb 6, 2011 - 11:44 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Jasmine Dixon posted 23 points and 14 rebounds, while Darxia Morris scored a team-high 24 points in No. 10 UCLA's 74-67 victory against Southern California at the Galen Center.
Atonye Nyingifa added 13 points for the Bruins (19-2, 9-1 Pac-10), who have won four in a row since losing to fourth-ranked Stanford on January 20. Doreena Campbell provided 11 points and eight rebounds in the win.
Jacki Gemelos scored 16 points to pace the Trojans (13-8, 5-5), who have lost their last two.
Both teams led during a close first half before UCLA took a 37-29 lead on Dixon's layup with 48 seconds left. USC, though, scored the period's final four points to get within four at the break.
The Bruins led throughout the second half, though generally not by more than two possessions. But with a minute to play and USC within four, UCLA scored five consecutive points. Morris ended the short burst with a layup, giving the Bruins a 71-62 advantage with 35 seconds to play, effectively securing the win.
- UCLA: 74
Feb 6 6:02 PM
- UCLA: 37
Feb 6 4:53 PM
- UCLA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 6 4:09 PM
- Cynthia Cooper-Dyke named USC women's coach Apr 11
- Sooners sail by UCLA in second round of NCAA Tournament Mar 25
- Bruins stifle Hatters in NCAA Tournament first round Mar 23
- Cooper quits as USC coach Mar 13
- No. 4 Stanford sneaks past UCLA for Pac-12 title Mar 10
- No. 14 UCLA knocks off No. 5 Cal in Pac-12 semis Mar 10
- No. 5 California handles USC in Pac-12 quarters Mar 8
- Clarendon, No. 6 Cal down USC Feb 17
- Stanford stays hot by topping No. 15 UCLA Feb 17
- No. 4 Stanford crushes USC Feb 16
- No. 6 Cal uses balanced attack to breeze past Bruins Feb 15
- Ogwumike, Stanford take down USC Jan 20