Stanford gets past USCFeb 19, 2011 - 5:50 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Jeanette Pohlen posted 19 points, leading No. 3 Stanford to a 78-64 victory over Southern California.
Kayla Pedersen added 17 points and eight rebounds for the Cardinal (23-2, 14-0 Pac-10), who recorded their 17th consecutive victory. They play at ninth- ranked UCLA on Sunday.
Chiney Ogwumike had 13 points, while older sister Nnemkadi Ogwumike added 11.
Briana Gilbreath scored 17 points to lead the Trojans (15-9, 7-6), while sister Stefanie netted 16 after shooting 4-for-4 from three-point range. However, they were the only players to score in double digits for USC, which had won its last two.
- STANFORD: 78
Feb 18 11:49 PM
- STANFORD: 38
Feb 18 10:54 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 18 10:08 PM
- Cynthia Cooper-Dyke named USC women's coach Apr 11
- Georgia upsets top-seeded Stanford, advances to Elite Eight Mar 31
- Stanford breezes by Michigan in second round Mar 27
- Ogwumike helps Stanford survive Tulsa Mar 24
- Cooper quits as USC coach Mar 13
- No. 4 Stanford sneaks past UCLA for Pac-12 title Mar 10
- Ogwumike leads No. 4 Stanford over Colorado in Pac-12 semis Mar 10
- Stanford dominates Washington State in Pac-12 QFs Mar 9
- No. 5 California handles USC in Pac-12 quarters Mar 8
- Ogwumike, Stanford down WSU for 14th straight victory Mar 2
- Cardinal cruise past slipping Huskies Mar 1
- Ogwumike sets Stanford single-game rebound record in rout of Oregon Feb 24