Balanced attack helps DePaul down GeorgetownFeb 21, 2011 - 1:17 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Sam Quigley logged 14 points and five other DePaul players also scored in double digits, as the No. 10 Blue Demons dumped 18th-ranked Georgetown, 82-57.
Katherine Harry had 10 points and 12 rebounds for DePaul (25-3, 12-1 Big East), winners of four straight overall and 18 in a row at home. Anna Martin, Keisha Hampton, Taylor Pikes and Deirdre Naughton all finished with 12 points in the lopsided win.
Sugar Rodgers scored 20 points and Tia Magee netted 12 for the Hoyas (20-7, 8-5), who were coming off an overtime loss at St. John's last Saturday.
The Blue Demons embarked on a 16-0 run in the first half to take control and led 37-24 at the break. They kept their foot on the gas in the final 20 minutes, hitting 66.7 percent of their shots to win going away.
- GEORGETOWN: 57
Feb 20 7:26 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 24
Feb 20 6:19 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 20 5:38 PM
- A pair of double-doubles powers Cowgirls past DePaul Mar 24
- Stewart leads No. 3 UConn past DePaul in Big East quarters Mar 10
- Diggins' triple-double fuels Notre Dame in rout of DePaul Feb 24
- Smith guides Louisville over DePaul Feb 17
- UConn rips DePaul in snowy Storrs Feb 10
- Fighting Irish fend off Hoyas Jan 15
- Faris, Stewart carry UConn over Georgetown Jan 9
- Lucas lifts Penn State to bounce-back win over Georgetown Dec 9
- Kentucky rolls over DePaul Dec 7
- Georgetown names Keith Brown women's hoops coach May 7
- Georgia Tech tackles Hoyas on way to Sweet 16 Mar 20
- Lady Vols take care of DePaul to advance to Sweet 16 Mar 20