Louisville downs No. 7 DePaulFeb 24, 2011 - 3:05 AM Louisville, KY (Sports Network) - Monique Reid canned 10-of-17 shots and made all eight of her free throws en route to a game-best 28 points as Louisville upended seventh-ranked DePaul, 68-55, at KFC Yum! Center.
Shoni Schimmel supplied 11 points, nine rebounds and six assists while Becky Burke chipped in with 10 points for the Lady Cardinals (18-10, 9-5 Big East), who have won four of their last five games.
Keisha Hampton scored 20 points and Felicia Chester provided 10 points and eight boards for the Blue Demons (25-4, 12-2), who had won four in a row and 12 out of 13 entering the contest.
Trailing 12-5, Louisville put together a 13-2 run to grab an 18-14 lead with 9 1/2 minutes to play in the first half. Louisville extended the lead to as many as seven and took a 26-20 at the break.
The Lady Cards opened up a 15-point advantage on two occasions in the second half and withstood a DePaul rally that shaved the lead to seven with 8 1/2 minutes to go.
Burke's three-pointer capped an ensuing 9-2 run that pushed the lead back to a comfortable 14 two minutes later and the Demons never got closer than seven the rest of the way.
- DEPAUL: 55
Feb 23 9:17 PM
- DEPAUL: 20
Feb 23 7:52 PM
- DEPAUL: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 23 7:09 PM
- Connecticut wins 8th title in rout of Louisville Apr 10
- Cardinals, Huskies battle for NCAA title Apr 9
- Louisville rallies in second half to reach title game Apr 7
- Fifth-seeded Louisville downs Lady Vols to earn Final Four berth Apr 2
- Louisville stuns Baylor, ends Griner's college career Mar 31
- Louisville downs Purdue, earns spot in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- A pair of double-doubles powers Cowgirls past DePaul Mar 24
- Louisville defends home floor to advance Mar 24
- Notre Dame gets past Louisville and into Big East final Mar 11
- Stewart leads No. 3 UConn past DePaul in Big East quarters Mar 10
- Diggins' triple-double fuels Notre Dame in rout of DePaul Feb 24
- Smith guides Louisville over DePaul Feb 17