Xavier advances to A-10 title gameMar 6, 2011 - 9:46 PM Lowell, MA (Sports Network) - Amber Harris finished with 23 points and 16 rebounds, leading No. 6 Xavier to a 69-53 win over Charlotte and into the final of the Atlantic-10 Tournament.
Ta'Shia Phillips had 22 points and 11 boards for the top-seeded Musketeers (27-2), who will face Dayton in Monday's championship game. They will be in search of their fourth title in the last five years.
Epiphany Woodson netted 20 points to lead the 49ers (23-9), who had defeated Richmond in the quarterfinals. Jai Forney and Amanda Dowe both pulled down 12 rebounds.
Xavier shot 46 percent in the first half while limiting the 49ers to 28 percent. That led to a 38-23 lead at the break, and the Musketeers didn't let Charlotte back into the game during the second half.
- Louisville advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- South Dakota State no match for Xavier Mar 20
- Phillips helps Xavier claim A-10 title Mar 7
- Strong second half powers Xavier past St. Joe's Mar 5
- Harris helps Xavier edge Temple, clinch A-10 Feb 27
- No. 6 Xavier dominates George Washington Feb 23
- Phillips, Xavier push win streak to 13 games Feb 20
- No. 6 Xavier rolls past Saint Louis Feb 16
- No. 7 Xavier dominates Fordham Feb 12
- Phillips, Moss propel Xavier past Richmond Feb 9
- Harris helps Xavier edge Dayton in OT Feb 5