Phillips helps Xavier claim A-10 titleMar 8, 2011 - 12:56 AM Lowell, MA (Sports Network) - Ta'Shia Phillips led the way with 26 points and 15 rebounds, as top-seeded and fifth-ranked Xavier claimed the Atlantic-10 title with a 67-60 win over No. 6 seeded Dayton and earned an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
Special Jennings went for 17 points, eight rebounds and five assists, while Amber Harris turned in a double-double with 12 points and 11 boards for Xavier (28-2), which earned its fourth conference championship in the last five seasons.
Justine Raterman had a team-leading 19 points to go with six rebounds for Dayton (21-11), which also got 12 points from Kristin Daugherty.
Dayton led 35-30 at the intermission, then were in front 41-34 nearly 3 1/2 minutes into the second half before Xavier made its move.
Jennings capped a 9-0 run with a pair of free throws to put her squad in front by two with 12:42 left and things stayed close the rest of the way.
Raterman's layup with two minutes remaining tied the contest at 60-all, but Phillips hit a jumper with 90 seconds left to put Xavier up for good and the Musketeers pulled away down the stretch.
- DAYTON: 60
Mar 7 6:49 PM
- DAYTON: 35
Mar 7 5:43 PM
- DAYTON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 7 5:06 PM
- Dayton's Jabir rewarded with extension Apr 17
- Mathies bounces back as Kentucky thumps Dayton Mar 26
- Dayton prevails in double overtime to down St. John's Mar 24
- Second half surge lifts Arkansas over Dayton Mar 17
- Louisville advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- South Dakota State no match for Xavier Mar 20
- Penn State shoots down Flyers in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Xavier advances to A-10 title game Mar 6
- Strong second half powers Xavier past St. Joe's Mar 5
- Harris helps Xavier edge Temple, clinch A-10 Feb 27
- No. 6 Xavier dominates George Washington Feb 23