UConn downs Georgetown in Big East quartersMar 6, 2011 - 10:29 PM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Stefanie Dolson scored a career-high 24 points to help No. 1 Connecticut take a 59-43 victory over 17th-ranked-Georgetown in the Big East quarterfinals.
Tiffany Hayes added 10 points for the Huskies (30-1), who will play Rutgers on Monday in the semifinals. Kelly Faris had nine points and 12 rebounds while Maya Moore had six points and 15 rebounds.
Since the loss to Stanford on December 30 that broke UConn's record 90-game winning streak, the team has been victorious in its past 18 games. The team has won 79 straight at home and 67 straight in the conference.
Sugar Rodgers scored 17 and grabbed six boards for the Hoyas (22-10), who shot just 22.9 percent from the floor.
UConn never trailed in this game and a 14-3 run put the team on top by a 21-10 score with 10 1/2 minutes left in the first half.
It was 37-17 after 20 minutes and Georgetown never threatened in the second half as the team went just 9-for-42 from the floor, including 3-of-18 from the three-point line.
- GEORGETOWN: 43
Mar 6 4:19 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 17
Mar 6 3:10 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 6 2:23 PM
- No. 1 UConn dominates second half in win over Maryland Nov 15
- UConn star Mosqueda-Lewis injures elbow Nov 11
- Hartley, top-ranked Huskies brush off No. 3 Stanford Nov 11
- Connecticut wins 8th title in rout of Louisville Apr 10
- Cardinals, Huskies battle for NCAA title Apr 9
- Fourth Time's The Charm: UConn downs Notre Dame to reach title game Apr 8
- UConn cruises to sixth straight Final Four Apr 1
- Stewart shines as UConn coasts past Maryland Mar 30
- Auriemma inks five-year extension with UConn Mar 27
- UConn cruises against Commodores in Storrs Mar 25
- Top-seed UConn moves on with rout of Idaho Mar 23
- Notre Dame edges UConn for first Big East Tournament title Mar 12