Louisville has no trouble with VanderbiltMar 21, 2011 - 12:02 AM Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - Monique Reid scored 22 points to power the seventh-seeded Louisville Cardinals over the 10th-seeded Vanderbilt Commodores by an 81-62 final in first-round action of the NCAA Tournament.
Shoni Schimmel and Tia Gibbs posted 19 points apiece in the victory for Louisville (21-12), which will take on second-seeded Xavier in the second round. Keshia Hines contributed 16 points for the Cardinals.
Jasmine Lister led the way with 13 points in defeat for Vanderbilt (20-12).
Louisville went on an 11-0 first-half run to break a 16-16 tie, and the Cardinals led by no fewer than seven points the rest of the game.
A 13-0 second-half run enabled Louisville to put the game away.
- VANDERBILT: 62
Mar 20 1:58 PM
- VANDERBILT: 26
Mar 20 12:51 PM
- VANDERBILT: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 20 12:11 PM
- Louisville's Slaughter collapses during game Dec 4
- Connecticut wins 8th title in rout of Louisville Apr 10
- Cardinals, Huskies battle for NCAA title Apr 9
- Louisville rallies in second half to reach title game Apr 7
- Fifth-seeded Louisville downs Lady Vols to earn Final Four berth Apr 2
- Louisville stuns Baylor, ends Griner's college career Mar 31
- Louisville downs Purdue, earns spot in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- UConn cruises against Commodores in Storrs Mar 25
- Louisville defends home floor to advance Mar 24
- Clarke leads Vanderbilt over St. Joseph's Mar 23
- Notre Dame gets past Louisville and into Big East final Mar 11
- No. 7 Kentucky downs Vanderbilt in SEC quarters Mar 8