No. 6 Miami-Florida downs NC StateFeb 17, 2012 - 2:23 AM Raleigh, NC (Sports Network) - Riquna Williams scored a game-high 24 points, as No. 6 Miami-Florida defeated North Carolina State, 73-61, on Thursday.
The Hurricanes (24-3, 12-1 ACC), who have won 12 straight games, got 17 points and 17 rebounds from Shawnice Wilson and 12 points from Stefanie Yderstrom.
Myisha Goodwin-Coleman had 14 points to pace the Wolfpack (15-12, 4-9), losers of six of their last eight. Marissa Kastanek chipped in 12 points and Bonae Holston finished with 19.
The Hurricanes, who won at Reynolds Coliseum for the first time in seven tries, held a slim 27-26 lead late in the first half before reeling off a 17-6 run to take a 44-32 advantage into the break.
Williams scored 11 straight points during the burst.
The Wolfpack were within six, 49-43, early in the second half on a Goodwin- Coleman three-pointer, but Williams and Wilson responded with consecutive buckets and the Hurricanes led by double digits for the rest of the game.
- MIAMI: 73
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 61
Feb 16 8:55 PM
- MIAMI: 44
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 32
Feb 16 7:49 PM
- MIAMI: 0
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 16 7:06 PM
- NC State hires Moore as coach Apr 5
- NC State dismisses Harper after 4 seasons Mar 26
- Iowa uses second-half surge to upend Miami-Florida Mar 24
- No. 6 Duke prevails in ACC quarters Mar 8
- Miami-Florida knocks off No. 5 Duke Feb 28
- Duke women erupt in second half to rout Miami Jan 31
- No. 10 Maryland rolls past NC State Jan 17
- Pavlech pushes 10th-ranked Terrapins past Hurricanes Jan 10
- Duke holds off NC State, stays unbeaten Jan 3
- Miami-Florida rewards Meier with two-year extension Mar 27
- 11th-seeded Gonzaga continues improbable run to Sweet 16 Mar 20
- Hurricanes breeze by Idaho State to advance Mar 17