Prahalis leads No. 8 Ohio State over MinnesotaFeb 24, 2012 - 3:41 AM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Samantha Prahalis exploded for a school-record 42 points to go with six rebounds, four assists and three steals as No. 8 Ohio State routed Minnesota, 81-56.
Tayler Hill added 16 points for Ohio State (23-4, 11-4 Big Ten), which bounced back from Monday's loss at Penn State.
Rachel Banham netted 18 points and Micaella Riche scored 14 points to go with 11 rebounds for Minnesota (14-15, 6-9), which had its two-game winning streak snapped.
Prahalis had 22 points by halftime as the Buckeyes took a 38-26 lead into the locker room.
Two Prahalis free throws with 2:27 left in the game gave the senior 42 points on the night as she passed Katie Smith for Ohio State's single-game points scored record.
Prahalis finished the night 15-of-27 from the floor and 7-of-12 from beyond the arc.
- MINNESOTA: 56
OHIO STATE: 81
Feb 23 10:06 PM
- MINNESOTA: 26
OHIO STATE: 38
Feb 23 8:57 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 23 8:13 PM
- Ohio State names McGuff women's hoops coach Apr 16
- Foster out as women's hoops coach at Ohio State Mar 20
- No. 8 Lady Lions best Buckeyes in Big Ten quarters Mar 9
- Minnesota shoots lights out, edges Penn State Mar 1
- No. 8 Penn State dominates Ohio State in second half Jan 27
- Penn State holds on against Minnesota Jan 24
- Gators gain win over OSU in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Penn State rallies to beat Minnesota in Big Ten tourney Mar 2
- No. 23 Nebraska upsets No. 8 Ohio State Feb 26
- Penn State routs Ohio State, earns at least share of Big Ten title Feb 20
- Prahalis helps Ohio State outlast Purdue Feb 12