No. 23 Nebraska upsets No. 8 Ohio StateFeb 27, 2012 - 12:43 AM Lincoln, NE (Sports Network) - Emily Cady poured in 24 points, leading No. 23 Nebraska over No. 8 Ohio State, 71-57, on Sunday.
Nebraska snapped a four-game losing streak to Ohio State in the regular season finale for both teams.
Lindsey Moore added nine points and Jordan Hooper scored seven with nine rebounds for the Cornhuskers (21-7, 10-6 Big Ten), who had an outside chance to get a No. 3 or 4 seed in the upcoming Big Ten tournament when the day began but needed a lot of help.
Nothing else fell into place and Nebraska ended up with the No. 6 seed and a first-round game against Northwestern on Thursday.
The Buckeyes (24-5, 11-5) had already clinched the No. 2 seed prior to Sunday afternoon's game. They get a bye and will play Friday morning in Indianapolis against the winner of Thursday's Michigan-Illinois game.
Samantha Prahalis scored 18 points and Tayler Hill had 16 to lead Ohio State against Nebraska. The Buckeyes could have earned a share of the Big Ten title with a victory plus a Penn State loss on Sunday. But Penn State beat Minnesota earlier to lock up sole possession of first place.
The Huskers had a 39-29 lead at halftime and held Ohio State to 32.7 percent shooting in the game, earning some revenge for an 82-68 loss to the Buckeyes in Columbus last month.
Nebraska went 2-4 in its final six regular season games. Ohio State lost two of its last three and fell to 4-2 against ranked teams this season.
- OHIO STATE: 57
Feb 26 5:52 PM
- OHIO STATE: 29
Feb 26 4:48 PM
- OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 26 4:02 PM
- Ohio State names McGuff women's hoops coach Apr 16
- Duke puts the clamps on Nebraska to become Elite Mar 31
- Nebraska takes down Aggies to advance to Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Free-throw shooting helps Huskers win Mar 23
- Foster out as women's hoops coach at Ohio State Mar 20
- No. 8 Lady Lions best Buckeyes in Big Ten quarters Mar 9
- Penn State stops streaking Nebraska, wins Big Ten outright Mar 3
- No. 8 Penn State dominates Ohio State in second half Jan 27
- No. 8 Penn State handles Nebraska Jan 13
- Nebraska extends women's coach Yori through 2017 Jun 12
- 11th-seed Kansas upends 6th-seed Nebraska Mar 18
- Gators gain win over OSU in NCAA Tournament Mar 18