NC State takes down No. 5 Duke in ACC TournamentMar 2, 2012 - 11:05 PM Greensboro, NC (Sports Network) - Bonae Holston and Marissa Kastanek scored 16 points apiece to lift NC State to a 75-73 win over top-seeded and fifth-ranked Duke in Friday's ACC Tournament quarterfinal matchup.
Holston added seven rebounds, two blocks and two steals for the ninth-seeded Wolfpack (18-14), who led 75-67 with just over two minutes remaining.
Duke's Tricia Liston drained consecutive three-pointers but missed a jumper that could have tied the game with about 20 seconds to play.
The Blue Devils (24-5) still had a chance to pull even after NC State's Emili Tasler missed two free throw attempts. Duke's Chelsea Gray was then fouled with two seconds left, but the Wolfpack prevailed when she missed the front end of a one-and-one.
NC State will play 15th-ranked Georgia Tech in Saturday's semifinals.
Gray had a game-high 25 points, seven rebounds and three steals, but also committed eight of Duke's 22 turnovers.
The Blue Devils, who lost only one conference game during the regular season, had their tournament winning streak snapped at six games.
- NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 75
Mar 2 5:04 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 36
Mar 2 3:50 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 2 3:07 PM
- Gray leads No. 2 Duke over No. 9 Cal Nov 10
- Duke extends McCallie through 2019 Apr 19
- NC State hires Moore as coach Apr 5
- Second half surge sends Fighting Irish to the Final Four Apr 2
- Duke puts the clamps on Nebraska to become Elite Mar 31
- Duke rallies from halftime deficit to dispatch Oklahoma State Mar 26
- NC State dismisses Harper after 4 seasons Mar 26
- Blue Devils triumph in first round yet again Mar 24
- Duke routs UNC in ACC title game Mar 10
- No. 6 Duke downs No. 23 FSU in ACC semis Mar 9
- No. 6 Duke prevails in ACC quarters Mar 8
- No. 5 Duke overcomes 15th-ranked UNC Mar 3