Maryland rips Wake Forest in ACC semisMar 3, 2012 - 10:48 PM Greensboro, NC (Sports Network) - Alyssa Thomas had a double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds as No. 6 Maryland defeated Wake Forest, 73-58, in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament.
Laurin Mincy had 13 points and seven rebounds and Lynetta Kizer added 12 points for the third-seeded Terrapins (27-4), who advanced to play Georgia Tech in Sunday's title game.
Maryland reached the final for the third time in seven years.
Chelsea Douglas led the Demon Deacons (19-13) with 14 points.
Thomas, the ACC Player of the Year, netted 13 points in the opening half as Maryland took a 33-27 lead into the locker room.
A 12-4 run, capped by Brene Moseley's three-pointer, gave Maryland its largest lead of the contest, 57-41, with 8:07 left. The Terrapins cruised to the easy win from there.
Wake Forest, which defeated second-ranked Miami-Florida in Friday's quarterfinals, shot just 29.7 percent from the floor for the game.
- WAKE FOREST: 58
Mar 3 3:26 PM
- WAKE FOREST: 27
Mar 3 2:17 PM
- WAKE FOREST: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 3 1:33 PM
- Maryland signs Frese to extension Nov 15
- No. 1 UConn dominates second half in win over Maryland Nov 15
- Stewart shines as UConn coasts past Maryland Mar 30
- Terps tackle Michigan State in second round Mar 25
- Fourth-seed Maryland rolls over 13th-seed Quinnipiac Mar 23
- No. 15 UNC storms back to down No. 10 Maryland in ACC semis Mar 9
- Thomas shines as Maryland advances past Wake Forest in OT Mar 8
- Hawkins, Maryland cruise past Wake Forest Mar 3
- Deluzio's second chance lifts No. 24 FSU past No.9 Maryland Feb 28
- Duke rolls over Maryland to clinch ACC regular-season title Feb 24
- Thomas, Maryland roll over Boston College Feb 21
- Thomas leads Maryland in a rout of Virginia Feb 17