Notre Dame beats West Virginia, reaches Big East finalMar 6, 2012 - 3:18 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Natalie Novosel made four three-pointers en route to a team-high 18 points, as No. 3 Notre Dame avenged its only conference loss of the season with a 73-45 thumping of No. 25 West Virginia in the semifinals of the Big East Tournament.
The top-seeded Fighting Irish (30-2) lost to the Mountaineers on February 12, but on Monday they shot 20-of-23 from the foul line and held West Virginia to 35 percent shooting to cruise into the conference title game on Tuesday.
Kayla McBride scored 15 points, Devereaux Peters had 11 and Brittany Mallory chipped in 10 for Notre Dame, which will play four-time defending tournament champion Connecticut in the finals.
Asya Bussie posted 15 points to lead the fifth-seeded Mountaineers (23-9), who trailed 37-19 at the break and never threatened in the second half.
- Fourth Time's The Charm: UConn downs Notre Dame to reach title game Apr 8
- Second half surge sends Fighting Irish to the Final Four Apr 2
- Diggins sets school scoring record as Notre Dame routs Kansas Mar 31
- Career-night from McBride allows Notre Dame to outlast Iowa Mar 27
- Loyd, McBride lead top-seeded Notre Dame over UT Martin Mar 24
- Delle Donne sets milestone, Blue Hens advance Mar 24
- Notre Dame edges UConn for first Big East Tournament title Mar 12
- Notre Dame gets past Louisville and into Big East final Mar 11
- Achonwa leads No. 2 Notre Dame past USF Mar 10
- Notre Dame survives UConn in 3 OTs to win Big East outright Mar 4
- No. 1 Baylor dominates West Virginia Mar 2
- Diggins paces No. 2 Notre Dame past Providence Mar 2