Griner, No. 1 Baylor remain unbeatenMar 8, 2012 - 9:56 PM Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner littered the stat sheet with 15 points, nine rebounds, five blocks and four assists, and No. 1 Baylor remained the nation's lone undefeated team with a 72-48 rout of Texas Tech in a Big 12 Tournament quarterfinal on Thursday.
Odyssey Sims led all scorers with 18 points and Kimetria Hayden donated 10 for the top-seeded Lady Bears (32-0), who will play fifth seed Kansas State in a semifinal on Friday. K-State edged Iowa 67-63 earlier Thursday.
Monique Smalls was the sole double-digit scorer for ninth-seeded Texas Tech Lady Raiders (19-13) with 11 points. Kelsi Baker contributed eight points and nine boards in defeat.
The Bears took an early 10-9 lead on Sims' jumper and never looked back, scoring 30 of the half's final 37 points including 13 unanswered before intermission for a double-digit advantage they held thereafter.
- TEXAS TECH: 48
Mar 8 4:26 PM
- TEXAS TECH: 16
Mar 8 3:21 PM
- TEXAS TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 8 2:36 PM
- Whitaker returns to take reins at Texas Tech Mon
- Baylor's Griner captures women's Naismith Award Apr 8
- Louisville stuns Baylor, ends Griner's college career Mar 31
- Griner dunks three times, Lady Bears cruise to Sweet 16 Mar 27
- Griner leads Baylor to blowout victory Mar 24
- USF captures first-ever NCAA Tournament win Mar 23
- Griner, Baylor down Iowa State for third straight Big 12 title Mar 11
- No. 1 Baylor heads to third straight Big 12 final Mar 10
- Griner, Baylor cruise past Kansas State Mar 9
- Griner sets Big 12 record as Baylor downs Kansas State Mar 4
- No. 1 Baylor dominates West Virginia Mar 2
- Baylor pounds Oklahoma for 25th straight win Feb 25