Stanford downs ASU, gains Pac-12 finalMar 10, 2012 - 12:58 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike notched a game-best 24 points to go with 12 rebounds as No. 2 Stanford advanced to the Pac-12 final with a 52-43 victory over Arizona State.
Chiney Ogwumike added 12 points and a game-best 13 boards for the Cardinal (30-1), who will face California on Saturday.
Kali Bennett and Micaela Pickens scored 10 points each for the Sun Devils (20-11).
Arizona State shot a dismal 24 percent in the first half and found itself down 29-15 at the break.
But the Sun Devils hung tough in the second half, eventually whittling a 12- point deficit to six, 46-40, on a Deja Mann layup with 49 seconds to play.
Stanford then hit all six of its free throws down the stretch to lock up the victory.
- ARIZONA STATE: 43
Mar 9 5:16 PM
- ARIZONA STATE: 15
Mar 9 3:52 PM
- ARIZONA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 9 3:12 PM
- Georgia upsets top-seeded Stanford, advances to Elite Eight Mar 31
- Stanford breezes by Michigan in second round Mar 27
- Ogwumike helps Stanford survive Tulsa Mar 24
- No. 4 Stanford sneaks past UCLA for Pac-12 title Mar 10
- Ogwumike leads No. 4 Stanford over Colorado in Pac-12 semis Mar 10
- Stanford dominates Washington State in Pac-12 QFs Mar 9
- Ogwumike, Stanford down WSU for 14th straight victory Mar 2
- Cardinal cruise past slipping Huskies Mar 1
- Ogwumike sets Stanford single-game rebound record in rout of Oregon Feb 24
- No. 4 Stanford dominates Oregon State Feb 23
- Stanford stays hot by topping No. 15 UCLA Feb 17
- No. 4 Stanford crushes USC Feb 16