Baylor beats Texas A&M for Big 12 crownMar 10, 2012 - 7:58 PM Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Odyssey Sims had a season-high 26 points, Destiny Williams scored 12 with 11 rebounds and top-ranked Baylor cruised to a 73-50 victory over No. 22 Texas A&M in the Big 12 tournament championship game.
National Player of the Year candidate Brittney Griner followed up her record- setting performance with only 11 points and six blocks for the Lady Bears. Griner set a Big 12 tournament record with a career-high 45 points against Kansas State on Friday.
Baylor (34-0), which opened the game on a 14-0 run, wrapped up their second straight title and fourth overall.
Sydney Carter had 12 points to pace Texas A&M (22-10), which became the first school in league history to make five straight appearances in the title game.
The Aggies were victorious in 2008 and 2010, but the three losses have all come at the hands of Baylor. In 2011, Texas A&M exacted its revenge by topping the Lady Bears in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament en route to the national title.
- Baylor's Griner captures women's Naismith Award Apr 8
- Louisville stuns Baylor, ends Griner's college career Mar 31
- Griner dunks three times, Lady Bears cruise to Sweet 16 Mar 27
- Nebraska takes down Aggies to advance to Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Griner leads Baylor to blowout victory Mar 24
- Aggies punch ticket to second round with rout of Shockers Mar 23
- Griner, Baylor down Iowa State for third straight Big 12 title Mar 11
- Texas A&M edges Kentucky for first SEC title Mar 10
- No. 1 Baylor heads to third straight Big 12 final Mar 10
- Aggies edge Lady Vols in SEC semifinals Mar 9
- Griner, Baylor cruise past Kansas State Mar 9
- Griner sets Big 12 record as Baylor downs Kansas State Mar 4