Strong second half lifts Wyoming over Colorado StateJan 27, 2008 - 3:34 AM FORT COLLINS, Colorado (Ticker) -- Justyna Podziemska led four players in double figures with 16 points as Wyoming won its school-record 12th straight game, 68-55, over Colorado State in Mountain West Conference action on Saturday.
Aubrey Vandiver had 14 points and Hanna Zavecz added 13, eight rebounds and six assists for the Cowgirls, who used a solid second half to put the game away.
After the game was tied at the break, Wyoming (18-1, 6-0 MWC) used a 6-0 spurt to take a seven-point lead and then an 8-2 run that gave it a 58-49 advantage late in the second half.
Britney Minor had 13 points and Amaka Uzomah added 12 and 18 rebounds for the Rams (2-16, 0-5), who shot just 36 percent (21-of-58) for the game.
- Williams leaves South Dakota for Colorado State May 21
- Sverrisdottir leads No. 24 TCU over Wyoming Feb 13
- Carter helps No. 20 TCU beat Colorado St Jan 27
- Carlson helps Wyoming beat No. 22 TCU Jan 14
- Oregon uses defense to smother Wyoming, 78-66 Dec 20
- No. 20 Cal tops Colorado State 78-44 Dec 5
- Zellous leads Pittsburgh over Wyoming Mar 22
- Neal, Colorado St. capture unlikely win over Utah Mar 12
- Utah turns back Colorado State Mar 6
- Utah clinches Mountain West with 20th straight win Mar 2
- Podziemska powers Wyoming past Colorado State Feb 28
- Defense leads Wyoming past Air Force Feb 16