Evans, James Madison upend No. 11 Old DominionMar 2, 2008 - 11:42 PM HARRISONBURG, Virginia (Ticker) -- Dawn Evans led four James Madison players in double figures with 19 points Sunday as the Dukes defeated No. 11 Old Dominion, 76-63, in a Colonial Athletic Association upset.
The loss ended a 19-game winning streak for the Lady Monarchs (26-4, 16-1), who clinched the CAA regular-season title with an 82-44 victory over George Mason on Thursday.
James Madison (20-8, 13-4) went on a 14-7 run over the final 2:49 of the game. Tamera Young had 14 points and five rebounds, while Kisha Stokes finished with 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Dukes.
Young's 3-pointer with 8:48 remaining gave James Madison a 51-49 lead. Old Dominion was never able to get closer than four points the rest of the way.
Jasmin Lawrence scored 11 points and Nina Uqdah had 10 rebounds for the Dukes. T.J. Jordan led the Lady Monarchs with 12 points and nine rebounds.
Shahida Williams and Tiffany Green each scored 10 points for Old Dominion.
- Cowgirls defeat Dukes for WNIT Title Mar 31
- Blue Hens thump ODU in CAA quarters Mar 9
- James Madison extends women's basketball coach, two others Sep 13
- Explosive Oklahoma knocks off James Madison Mar 20
- Temple beats James Madison, 65-53 Mar 21
- James Madison-Temple Preview Mar 20
- Old Dominion 53, James Madison 67 Mar 14
- James Madison beat Old Dominion for CAA title Mar 14
- Delaware 83, James Madison 88 Feb 19
- JMU's high-scoring Evans fighting kidney disease Feb 17
- Drexel upsets No. 25 James Madison 68-67 Jan 3
- Evans has 28 points, leads James Madison to win Dec 30