Rodgers runs for 2 TDs in Packers' win over BengalsAug 24, 2012 - 2:34 AM Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - Aaron Rodgers ran for two touchdowns on Thursday as the Green Bay Packers knocked off the Cincinnati Bengals, 27-13, in preseason action.
Rodgers ran for 52 yards on six carries and threw for 154 yards and an interception on 12-of-22 passing in the first half, while backup Graham Harrell threw for 26 yards on 5-of-12 passing.
Marc Tyler ran for 46 yards on 12 carries and Greg Jennings caught two passes for 37 yards. Mason Crosby kicked two field goals in the victory for the Packers.
Andy Dalton threw for 40 yards on 5-of-17 passing and ran for 36 yards, while Bruce Gradkowski hit on 7-of-12 through the air for 61 yards and a touchdown.
Green Bay opened the scoring on their second possession of the game as Rodgers capped a five-play, 57-yard drive with a 12-yard scamper to the end zone.
The Packers extended their lead to 14-0 on their next drive as Rodgers took his team 69 yards in seven play and finished it off with a five-yard touchdown scramble.
Mike Nugent put the Bengals on the board on their ensuing touch as he banged a 42-yard field goal through the uprights.
The Bengals offense capitalized on good field position after picking off Rodgers as Nugent was good from 30 yards out to pull Cincinnati with 14-6 early in the second quarter.
The Packers offense took the ball 51 yards in 11 plays on their next drive and Crosby connected on a 46-yard field goal to make it 17-6 at the half.
The Bengals cut the deficit to 17-13 late in the third quarter as the Cincinnati defense recovered a fumble and Gradkowski hit Marvin Jones with a 15-yard touchdown strike just one play later.
Crosby gave the Packers a 20-13 lead midway through the fourth after he booted through a 36-yard field goal. The Green Bay defense capped the scoring when Jamari Lattimore intercepted a Tyler Hansen pass and brought it back 27 yards for the score.
- GREEN BAY: 27
Aug 23 10:13 PM
- == Preseason == Green Bay Touchdown - 27-yard interception return by Jamari Lattimore. (Maso
Packers 27, Bengals 13 4th - 2:57Aug 23 10:06 PM
- == Preseason == Green Bay Field Goal - 36-yarder by Mason Crosby.
Packers 20, Bengals 13 4th - 8:11Aug 23 9:52 PM
- == Preseason == Cincinnati Touchdown - 15-yard pass from Bruce Gradkowski to Marvin Jones. (
Packers 17, Bengals 13 3rd - 4:51Aug 23 9:19 PM
- GREEN BAY: 17
Aug 23 8:34 PM
- == Preseason == Green Bay Field Goal - 46-yarder by Mason Crosby.
Packers 17, Bengals 6 2nd - 4:59Aug 23 8:16 PM
- == Preseason == Cincinnati Field Goal - 30-yarder by Mike Nugent.
Packers 14, Bengals 6 2nd - 10:08Aug 23 8:07 PM
- GREEN BAY: 14
End of 1st
Aug 23 7:51 PM
- == Preseason == Cincinnati Field Goal - 42-yarder by Mike Nugent.
Packers 14, Bengals 3 1st - 0:16Aug 23 7:51 PM
- == Preseason == Green Bay Touchdown - 5-yard run by Aaron Rodgers. (Mason Crosby kick).
Packers 14, Bengals 0 1st - 3:26Aug 23 7:42 PM
- == Preseason == Green Bay Touchdown - 12-yard run by Aaron Rodgers. (Mason Crosby kick).
Packers 7, Bengals 0 1st - 7:56Aug 23 7:25 PM
- GREEN BAY: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Aug 23 7:07 PM
- Bengals sign 2nd round pick Bernard Thu
- Bengals sign Margus Hunt Wed
- Extra Points: Woodson coming to terms on football future May 10
- CB Al Harris retires as a member of Packers May 1
- Green Bay Packers 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Cincinnati Bengals 2013 NFL Draft Review Apr 29
- Bengals bring back Andre Smith Apr 26
- Packers give QB Rodgers extension Apr 26
- Packers release Saine, Smith Apr 24
- Bengals sign LB Harrison Apr 20
- Bengals sign LB Harrison Apr 19
- Packers, Matthews agree to extension Apr 17