Toronto hands Anaheim its seventh straight lossNov 28, 2011 - 5:06 AM
Joey Crabb, Clarke MacArthur and Luke Schenn also scored for Toronto, which got 26 saves from Jonas Gustavsson en route to a third straight victory.
The Ducks have lost seven in a row for the first time since dropping a club record-tying eight straight from November 3-20, 2005.
"We seem to be dead between the ears. We're not thinking," Anaheim head coach Randy Carlyle said. "This is not going to be accepted what's going on right now."
Jonas Hiller stopped just 23-of-27 shots to take the loss.
Anaheim's Francois Beauchemin scored on the power play midway through the first period, but Toronto countered with two goals in a 19-second span a little later to take the lead for good.
First, Bozak put in an easy tap-in on the power play thanks to a nice backhand pass from John-Michael Liles, then MacArthur took advantage of a turnover at the blue line with a blistering slap shot from the left circle.
Crabb re-directed Schenn's shot from the point 2:36 into the second period to extend the lead, and Bozak cleaned up a Phil Kessel rebound 47 seconds into the final stanza.
Corey Perry's 10th goal of the season five minutes later made it a two-goal game, and Schenn's empty-netter in the closing seconds accounted for the final margin.
"We try to go on the attack every single time we're on the ice," Toronto head coach Ron Wilson said. "We know what we have to do in the third period and we're getting better at it."
Joffrey Lupul recorded two assists for the Leafs...Bozak had a game-high six shots on net...Anaheim, in the midst of a six-game homestand, will try to stop its skid on Wednesday against the Canadiens.
- TORONTO: 5
Nov 27 11:25 PM
- Toronto Empty Net Goal - Luke Schenn, from Nikolai Kulemin at 19:48.
Maple Leafs 5, Ducks 2 3rd - 0:12Nov 27 11:24 PM
- Anaheim Goal - Corey Perry (10), at 5:38.
Maple Leafs 4, Ducks 2 3rd - 14:22Nov 27 10:59 PM
- Toronto Goal - Tyler Bozak (6), at :47.
Maple Leafs 4, Ducks 1 3rd - 19:13Nov 27 10:55 PM
- TORONTO: 3
End of 2nd
Nov 27 10:34 PM
- Toronto Goal - Joey Crabb (5), from Luke Schenn at 2:36.
Maple Leafs 3, Ducks 1 2nd - 17:24Nov 27 10:03 PM
- TORONTO: 2
End of 1st
Nov 27 9:43 PM
- Toronto Goal - Clarke MacArthur (9), at 14:29.
Maple Leafs 2, Ducks 1 1st - 5:31Nov 27 9:32 PM
- Toronto Power-Play Goal - Tyler Bozak (5), from John-Michael Liles and Joffrey Lupul at 14:10.
Maple Leafs 1, Ducks 1 1st - 5:50Nov 27 9:31 PM
- Anaheim Power-Play Goal - Francois Beauchemin (3), at 9:51.
Maple Leafs 0, Ducks 1 1st - 10:09Nov 27 9:24 PM
- TORONTO: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 27 9:07 PM
- Ducks' Beauchemin has knee surgery Mon
- Boudreau, MacLean, Quenneville named finalists for Adams Award May 17
- Above the 49: Reimer deserves praise despite playoff collapse May 15
- Anaheim D Beauchemin headed for knee surgery May 14
- Bruins rally to advance past Maple Leafs May 13
- Bergevin, Murray, Shero named GM award finalists May 13
- Leafs try to complete comeback in Game 7 against Bruins May 13
- Red Wings down Ducks in Game 7 May 13
- Maple Leafs edge Bruins to force Game 7 May 13
- Ducks, Red Wings clash in Game 7 May 12
- Leafs hope to stay alive in Game 6 vs. Bruins May 12
- Ducks try to finish off Red Wings in Detroit May 12