Erat, Predators beat Maple Leafs 4-1Nov 18, 2011 - 6:36 AM
"I think we did a good job defensively even though they had 39 shots. They didn't have that many great chances," Rinne said.
Ryan Suter and Matt Halischuk also netted goals for the Predators, who have won three of their past four games.
John-Michael Liles tallied the lone goal for Toronto, which has lost three straight and five of its past six.
Ben Scrivens allowed three goals on 21 shots in defeat.
"I felt good out there like I was giving the team a chance to win," said Scrivens. "We had a couple of bad bounces and those ones happen. You never want to get scored on and I just have to put this one behind me."
Erat recorded his first tally 5:48 into the opening period as he pounced on a loose puck in the crease and lifted it past Scrivens.
Liles tied it up midway through the second period on the power play. Liles moved down the right wing and fooled Rinne as he flicked a wrister into the lower-left corner.
Suter gave the Predators the lead back just over two minutes later as he wristed a shot from the high point past Scrivens.
Erat's second tally came two minutes into the final period to give Nashville a 3-1 lead. Mike Fisher skated in down the left wing on a 2-on-1 opportunity and found Erat inside the left circle as he snapped it home.
Rinne stopped 22 shots in the third period to preserve the win. Halischuk added an empty-netter with 23 ticks left to put the game away.
Nashville was 0-for-3 on the power play...The Predators had just five shots on goal in the final period.
- TORONTO: 1
Nov 17 10:35 PM
- Nashville Goal - Matt Halischuk (5), from Ryan Suter at 19:37.
Maple Leafs 1, Predators 4 3rd - 0:23Nov 17 10:34 PM
- Nashville Goal - Martin Erat (5), at 2:05.
Maple Leafs 1, Predators 3 3rd - 17:55Nov 17 9:56 PM
- TORONTO: 1
End of 2nd
Nov 17 9:35 PM
- Shea Weber wrist shot on Ben Scrivens.
Maple Leafs 1, Predators 2 2nd - 7:22Nov 17 9:23 PM
- Patric Hornqvist shot blocked by Nikolai Kulemin.
Maple Leafs 1, Predators 1 2nd - 8:55Nov 17 9:19 PM
- TORONTO: 0
End of 1st
Nov 17 8:42 PM
- Nashville Goal - Martin Erat (4), at 5:48.
Maple Leafs 0, Predators 1 1st - 14:12Nov 17 8:17 PM
- TORONTO: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 17 8:08 PM
- Bruins beat Maple Leafs Mon
- Bruins, Maple Leafs set to renew hostilities in Toronto Sun
- Leafs outlast struggling Senators in SO Sun
- Fehr leads Capitals past Predators Sun
- Sliding Preds battle Caps in DC Sat
- Maple Leafs visit struggling Senators Sat
- Skinner's trifecta leads Hurricanes past Predators Fri
- Maple Leafs nip Stars in OT to halt skid Fri
- Preds aim to snap skid in home matchup with 'Canes Thu
- Maple Leafs aim to snap 5-game skid vs. Stars Thu
- Sharks stay hot with win over Leafs Dec 4
- Canucks finish off road trip with win over Nashville Dec 4