Montreal downs New York at SaputoJul 29, 2012 - 1:54 AM Montreal, QC (Sports Network) - Marco Di Vaio and Davy Arnaud scored 2 minutes apart early in the second half and the Montreal Impact beat Red Bull New York, 3-1, on Saturday for its third straight win at Stade Saputo.
Di Vaio scored his first goal for the Impact in the 48th minute, Arnaud scored his fourth of the season in the 50th and, after Thierry Henry notched his 11th for New York, Sanna Nyassi added his fourth of the season for the Impact.
Montreal (8-13-3) has beaten the Columbus Crew, New England Revolution and New York - which started the week atop the Eastern Conference - at home in July.
New York (11-6-5) had its two-game win streak snapped as it lost for the first time in three matches against expansion Montreal this year. The Red Bulls won, 5-2, at home in March and, 2-1, at Olympic Stadium in May.
With Alessandro Nesta making his debut in central defense, Montreal keep Henry and company off the scoreboard in the first half, and took advantage after the break.
Di Vaio, in his eighth appearance for Montreal, broke his scoring drought with just 3 minutes gone in the second half. He got a pass from Justin Mapp on the left side of the area, and slotted back to the right post.
Arnaud added to the lead when he took a pass from Felipe Martins and converted to the top-left corner from the middle of the area just 2 minutes later.
Henry pulled a goal back for New York in the 57th, as he latched onto a cross from Joel Lindpere, settled and shot past a charging Impact goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts.
Nyassi, off another assist from Martins, clinched the game when he rounded New York goalkeeper Bill Gaudette and slotted home from a tough angle 16 minutes from time.
New York stays on the road Aug. 3, when it faces the Houston Dynamo. Montreal, which has one road win in 12 games, hosts the Philadelphia Union on Aug. 4.
- NEW YORK: 1
Jul 28 9:30 PM
- Montreal Goal - Nyassi 4 (Martins), 74th minute
Red Bulls 1, Impact 3 2nd - 77'Jul 28 9:12 PM
- New York Goal - Henry 11 (Lindpere), 57th minute
Red Bulls 1, Impact 2 2nd - 59'Jul 28 8:54 PM
- Montreal Goal - Arnaud 4 (Martins), 50th minute
Red Bulls 0, Impact 2 2nd - 53'Jul 28 8:48 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Half - 1'
Jul 28 7:39 PM
- Cahill's late goal sees N.Y. down L.A. Sun
- Red Bulls, Galaxy set for high-profile clash Fri
- Revs, Red Bulls settle for a point May 11
- Impact leave it late against RSL May 11
- N.Y. out to end road drought vs. New England May 10
- Montreal, RSL hope to inch closer to first place May 10
- Henry's double helps New York hold off Montreal May 8
- RBNY tests winning streak against Montreal May 7
- Cahill lifts New York past Columbus May 4
- Cronin claims point for 'Quakes with late goal May 4
- In-form Red Bulls travel to Columbus May 3
- Impact, 'Quakes tangle at Buck Shaw May 3