Toronto FC ties Houston at BBVAAug 26, 2012 - 3:02 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Terry Dunfield scored with five minutes left as Toronto FC escaped BBVA Compass Stadium with a 1-1 draw Saturday night against the Houston Dynamo in MLS.
Will Bruin scored his 11th goal for the Dynamo, but Dunfield answered with his second as Toronto became just the fifth squad to get a point in Houston in MLS all season.
Houston (11-6-9) remained undefeated at its new stadium this year and extended its overall home win streak to 21 games dating back to last season. The Dynamo have eight wins and five draws at home this year.
Toronto (5-15-6) earned points on the road for just the fifth time all season, all since Paul Mariner took over as coach in June. TFC is 4-6-6 since it named Mariner coach. It started the season 1-9-0.
Bruin put Houston in front in the 21st minute, when he took a pass from Boniek Garcia and finished from just inside the area with his right foot.
The Dynamo failed to put TFC away, and Darren O'Dea delivered a cross from the right that an unmarked Dunfield run under deep in the area to head off the bar and into the net in the 85th minute.
The result in Houston was positive for Toronto, but the club is winless in six straight matches. TFC was winless in August, going 0-3-2, and sits at the foot of the Eastern Conference standings.
Houston is winless in three and could lose ground in the Eastern Conference on Sunday, when both Sporting Kansas City and Red Bull New York play. The Dynamo are third in the East.
Toronto returns to league play Sept. 1 at Sporting. Houston visits the Chicago Fire on Sept. 2.
- Houston's Boswell suspended one additional game Wed
- Dynamo's home woes continue with Revs defeat May 18
- Oduro's strike lifts Crew over TFC May 18
- Houston hoping to start new unbeaten run May 17
- Trillium Cup rivals meet up at BMO Field May 17
- Toronto acquires Convey from Sporting May 16
- Dynamo's Bruin earns MLS Player of the Week honor May 13
- SKC halts Houston's historic streak May 12
- Dynamo bring historic streak into SKC clash May 11
- Toronto lands Ben Haim on loan May 9
- 'Quakes snap winless skid behind Wondolowski's late goal May 9
- Bruin's brace powers Dynamo past D.C. United May 8