Toronto FC ties Houston at BBVAAug 26, 2012 - 3:02 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Terry Dunfield scored with five minutes left as Toronto FC escaped BBVA Compass Stadium with a 1-1 draw Saturday night against the Houston Dynamo in MLS.
Will Bruin scored his 11th goal for the Dynamo, but Dunfield answered with his second as Toronto became just the fifth squad to get a point in Houston in MLS all season.
Houston (11-6-9) remained undefeated at its new stadium this year and extended its overall home win streak to 21 games dating back to last season. The Dynamo have eight wins and five draws at home this year.
Toronto (5-15-6) earned points on the road for just the fifth time all season, all since Paul Mariner took over as coach in June. TFC is 4-6-6 since it named Mariner coach. It started the season 1-9-0.
Bruin put Houston in front in the 21st minute, when he took a pass from Boniek Garcia and finished from just inside the area with his right foot.
The Dynamo failed to put TFC away, and Darren O'Dea delivered a cross from the right that an unmarked Dunfield run under deep in the area to head off the bar and into the net in the 85th minute.
The result in Houston was positive for Toronto, but the club is winless in six straight matches. TFC was winless in August, going 0-3-2, and sits at the foot of the Eastern Conference standings.
Houston is winless in three and could lose ground in the Eastern Conference on Sunday, when both Sporting Kansas City and Red Bull New York play. The Dynamo are third in the East.
Toronto returns to league play Sept. 1 at Sporting. Houston visits the Chicago Fire on Sept. 2.
- Saborio's PK sees RSL edge Houston Aug 10
- Seattle edges TFC in Dempsey's debut Aug 10
- RSL returns to league play to tangle with Houston Aug 9
- Dempsey poised to make Seattle debut against TFC Aug 9
- Houston signs Lopez as young DP Aug 7
- Laba's early goal holds up as TFC tops Revs Aug 4
- Houston piles more misery on Columbus Aug 3
- Revs, TFC tangle at Gillette Aug 2
- Dynamo, Crew clash at BBVA Aug 2
- Dynamo, Fire battle to draw at BBVA Jul 27
- Wiedeman helps TFC complete comeback vs. Columbus Jul 27
- Dynamo aims to continue momentum against Fire Jul 26