Conde spoils De Rosario's historic nightAug 30, 2012 - 2:00 AM Washington, D.C. (Sports Network) - Dwayne De Rosario enjoyed a memorable night at RFK Stadium on Wednesday, scoring his 100th MLS goal and providing an assist.
But it did not come in a winning match as Wilman Conde's sublime strike two minutes from time helped Red Bull New York claim a point in a 2-2 draw with D.C. United.
Joel Lindpere had given the visiting Red Bulls the lead, but De Rosario lit up his former team by helping Nick DeLeon bag the equalizer shortly after.
The Canadian international hit the century mark in the 68th minute to put D.C. in the driver's seat, but Conde's late goal prevented the home side from climbing into third place in the Eastern Conference.
D.C. (12-9-5) moves into a tie with the Chicago Fire for fourth place on 41 points apiece. New York (13-7-7) remains in second where it sits five points clear of United.
Lindpere put the visitors in front in the 19th minute when he latched on to Thierry Henry's through ball and smashed a shot past Bill Hamid at the near post.
The lead was short-lived though, as DeLeon powered a one-time volley off of a cross from De Rosario two minutes later.
D.C. was made to wait until the second half for De Rosario's historic goal, but the reward worth it as the talisman finally achieved his long-awaited milestone.
Gaudette came off his line to try and claim a loose aerial ball, but De Rosario got there first as his header found its way into the back of the net.
But there was late drama in store for the RFK faithful as Conde hammered a one-time volley with his weaker right foot into the upper corner, helping New York come away with a point.
- NEW YORK: 2
D.C. UNITED: 2
Aug 29 9:54 PM
- New York Goal - Conde 1 (unassisted), 88th minute
Red Bulls 2, D.C. United 2 2nd - 87'Aug 29 9:52 PM
- D.C. United Goal - De Rosario 7 (DeLeon), 68th minute
Red Bulls 1, D.C. United 2 2nd - 69'Aug 29 9:32 PM
- D.C. United Goal - DeLeon 5 (De Rosario), 21st minute
Red Bulls 1, D.C. United 1 1st - 23'Aug 29 8:30 PM
- New York Goal - Lindpere 4 (Henry), 19th minute
Red Bulls 1, D.C. United 0 1st - 20'Aug 29 8:28 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
D.C. UNITED: 0
1st Half - 1'
Aug 29 8:06 PM
- Red Bulls aim to extend unbeaten run vs. Crew 4:10p
- Portland, DCU bring respective streaks to RFK Fri
- United, Sporting KC draw at RFK May 19
- Cahill's late goal sees N.Y. down L.A. May 19
- United out to end woes against Sporting May 17
- Red Bulls, Galaxy set for high-profile clash May 17
- United's Russell announces retirement May 15
- FCD continues to roll with DCU defeat May 11
- Revs, Red Bulls settle for a point May 11
- DCU hopeful of reversing fortunes at FCD May 10
- N.Y. out to end road drought vs. New England May 10
- Henry's double helps New York hold off Montreal May 8