Seattle, Dallas settle for a drawSep 3, 2012 - 1:25 AM Frisco, TX (Sports Network) - Seattle Sounders FC and FC Dallas exchanged first-half goals to split the points in a 1-1 draw at FC Dallas Stadium on Sunday.
Mauro Rosales opened the scoring in the 20th minute, but the home side clawed its way back before the break as Jackson leveled the score in the 33rd minute.
The result sees Seattle (12-6-8) take sole possession of third place in the Western Conference with 44 points on the season. FC Dallas (8-12-9) remains in sixth place with 33 points.
Seattle grabbed the lead at the 20-minute mark when Steve Zakuani flew by his defender on the left side of the box and slid a perfect ball across the face of goal. Rosales was waiting at the back post to tuck it home.
FC Dallas equalized 13 minutes later with a similar goal as Blas Perez's cross was met and turned in by an unmarked Jackson.
The Sounders came within inches of restoring their lead before the break when Rosales' aerial ball to the back post was headed on by Brad Evans, but Kevin Hartman pulled off a miraculous save to keep the home side level.
Both sides exchanged numerous scoring opportunities in the second half, ultimately came up short as they were made to settle for a point.
- Sounders' Johnson collects MLS Player of the Week honor Mon
- Johnson's brace helps surging Sounders topple FCD Sun
- Sounders, FCD lock horns at CenturyLink May 17
- FCD continues to roll with DCU defeat May 11
- Sounders roll past 'Quakes May 11
- DCU hopeful of reversing fortunes at FCD May 10
- Sounders hope to continue strong run against 'Quakes May 10
- Cooper's PK helps FCD draw Timbers May 8
- Traore leaves it late for Seattle May 8
- Timbers, FCD put unbeaten streaks on the line May 7
- Seattle, SKC tussle at Sporting Park May 7
- Sounders, Union play to draw at PPL Park May 4