Williams helps Union salvage a point vs. TFCSep 15, 2012 - 7:08 PM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Sheanon Williams picked a fine time to produce his first goal of the season as he scored in the 85th minute to earn the Philadelphia Union a point in a 1-1 draw Toronto FC on Saturday.
Eric Hassli had given the home side the advantage when he slotted home a pass from Luis Silva in the 58th minute.
Toronto looked to be on its way to a rare victory only to concede a late goal like it has countless times over the course of the season.
Antoine Hoppenot collected a pass from Roger Torres on the right flank and slid a nifty ball across the face of goal where Williams was waiting to tuck home the easy chance.
The two sides remain separated by five points at the bottom of the Eastern Conference as Toronto (5-17-7) stays in the cellar on 22 points while Philadelphia (7-13-6) looks all but certain to miss the postseason with 27 points through 26 games.
- Toronto FC places Dunfield on waivers Jun 13
- Union cruise past Crew at PPL Park Jun 5
- Union, Crew hoping to take three points Jun 4
- Toronto places Ephraim on waivers Jun 4
- McInerney salvages point for Union at TFC Jun 1
- Union's McInerney earns second straight Player of the Month award May 31
- Union, TFC clash at BMO May 31
- TFC's winless run continues with loss to Revs May 25
- Di Vaio's hat trick too much as Montreal holds off Union May 25
- Revolution, TFC clash at Gillette May 24
- Union face difficult test against Impact May 24
- McInerney scores again as Union douse Fire May 18