Houston edges Dallas to win El CapitanJun 17, 2012 - 1:53 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - The Houston Dynamo and FC Dallas remain headed in opposite directions after the Texas Derby.
Adam Moffat scored in the 76th minute against 10-man FC Dallas, as Houston won the El Capitan, 2-1, on Saturday night at BBVA Compass Stadium.
Will Bruin scored inside 3 minutes as the Dynamo established a quick lead, but Jackson equalized early in the second half for Dallas.
Jair Benitez was sent off just 5 minutes after the fixture was tied and Dallas was unable to secure a point as its winless streak reached 10 games.
Houston (5-4-4) won for the third time during a six-match run that includes a single loss, while Dallas (3-9-4) remained winless since mid-April.
Bruin gave Houston the lead early when he converted to the bottom-right corner and Scott Sealy just missed an equalizer in the 16th when he hit the left post for Dallas.
The Dynamo also hit the post in the first half as Bruin drilled a shot off the left upright just before halftime.
Dallas climbed level just before the hour mark as Jackson drove a right-footed shot into the bottom-left corner, but the match changed in the 63rd when a red card was shown to Benitez for a challenge on Colin Clark.
Houston nearly found the winner in the 66th when Bruin had a shot cleared off the line by Carlos Rodriguez, but the Dynamo would not be denied again in the 76th.
Moffat latched onto a poor punch from Dallas goalkeeper Kevin Hartman and sent a shot back through traffic and into the net for the game-winner. Houston held on over the final 15 minutes to claim the lone meeting between the rivals this season.
- FC DALLAS: 1
Jun 16 9:31 PM
- Houston Goal - Moffat 1 (unassisted), 76th minute
FC Dallas 1, Dynamo 2 2nd - 78'Jun 16 9:15 PM
- FC Dallas - Jackson 1 (unassisted), 59th minute
FC Dallas 1, Dynamo 1 2nd - 62'Jun 16 8:59 PM
- Houston Goal - Bruin 6 (unassisted), 3rd minute
FC Dallas 0, Dynamo 1 1st - 6'Jun 16 7:46 PM
- FC DALLAS: 0
1st Half - 1'
Jun 16 7:41 PM
- Houston ready for Sporting rematch 4:08p
- FCD aims to start new streak against 'Quakes 3:42p
- Houston's Boswell suspended one additional game Wed
- Johnson's brace helps surging Sounders topple FCD May 19
- Dynamo's home woes continue with Revs defeat May 18
- Sounders, FCD lock horns at CenturyLink May 17
- Houston hoping to start new unbeaten run May 17
- Dynamo's Bruin earns MLS Player of the Week honor May 13
- SKC halts Houston's historic streak May 12
- FCD continues to roll with DCU defeat May 11
- Dynamo bring historic streak into SKC clash May 11
- DCU hopeful of reversing fortunes at FCD May 10