Shock down Mercury for first win of seasonJun 17, 2012 - 10:36 PM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Temeka Johnson had 22 points, six rebounds and five assists as the Tulsa Shock earned their first win of the season with an 87-75 decision over the Phoenix Mercury on Sunday.
Riquna Williams added 19 points off the bench, while Ivory Latta and Glory Johnson scored 12 points apiece for the Shock, who improved their record to 1-9.
Including last season, Tulsa had dropped its last 15 games.
DeWanna Bonner finished with 24 points and nine rebounds to lead Phoenix, which fell to 2-7 on the year. Both of the Mercury's wins this season have come over the Shock.
Charde Houston contributed 22 points in defeat.
The game entered the fourth quarter tied at 56-56, but Tulsa opened the frame with a 13-4 run to take control.
A personal 6-2 run by Samantha Prahalis brought Phoenix within 78-73 with 1:26 left in the game, but Tulsa connected on six straight free throws before the Mercury sank another basket to pull away for the win.
- PHOENIX: 75
Jun 17 6:20 PM
- PHOENIX: 38
Jun 17 4:59 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 17 4:10 PM
- McCoughtry, Taurasi named WNBA Players of the Week Mon
- Mercury squeak past Shock in OT Sun
- Mercury scorch Sparks Sat
- Brunson, Whalen help Lynx down Shock Fri
- Sparks down Shock in OT Jun 9
- Mercury down Fever for first win of season Jun 8
- Shock down Storm for first win of the season Jun 8
- Moore, Lynx crush Mercury Jun 6
- Storm hang on late to down Mercury Jun 2
- Prince pushes Sky past Shock Jun 2
- Pondexter helps Liberty down Shock in OT May 31
- Delle Donne leads Sky past Griner's Mercury May 27