Shock down Mercury for first win of seasonJun 17, 2012 - 10:36 PM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Temeka Johnson had 22 points, six rebounds and five assists as the Tulsa Shock earned their first win of the season with an 87-75 decision over the Phoenix Mercury on Sunday.
Riquna Williams added 19 points off the bench, while Ivory Latta and Glory Johnson scored 12 points apiece for the Shock, who improved their record to 1-9.
Including last season, Tulsa had dropped its last 15 games.
DeWanna Bonner finished with 24 points and nine rebounds to lead Phoenix, which fell to 2-7 on the year. Both of the Mercury's wins this season have come over the Shock.
Charde Houston contributed 22 points in defeat.
The game entered the fourth quarter tied at 56-56, but Tulsa opened the frame with a 13-4 run to take control.
A personal 6-2 run by Samantha Prahalis brought Phoenix within 78-73 with 1:26 left in the game, but Tulsa connected on six straight free throws before the Mercury sank another basket to pull away for the win.
- PHOENIX: 75
Jun 17 6:20 PM
- PHOENIX: 38
Jun 17 4:59 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 17 4:10 PM
- Mercury name Brondello head coach Nov 15
- Shock dismiss Kloppenburg as head coach Oct 15
- Lynx sweep Mercury, return to WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Whalen, Lynx rout Mercury to take 1-0 lead in West finals Sep 27
- Griner's late bucket sends Mercury to West finals Sep 24
- Parker leads Sparks over Mercury Sep 22
- Taurasi helps Phoenix take Game 1 over LA Sep 20
- Sparks pummel Mercury in playoff preview Sep 15
- Thompson leads Storm past Shock Sep 15
- Taurasi's double-double powers Mercury past Silver Stars Sep 14
- Stricklen leads Storm past Shock Sep 12
- Sky beat Mercury on Delle Donne's buzzer-beater Sep 11