McCoughtry, Dream top LibertyJun 24, 2012 - 10:28 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry scored 23 points and grabbed eight rebounds to help lead the Atlanta Dream to a 74-64 victory over the New York Liberty.
McCoughtry shot only 7-of-20 from the field, but made 8-of-10 free throws for the Dream, who notched their first road victory in four tries. Sancho Lyttle added 19 points in the win.
Leilani Mitchell led the Liberty with 16 points, but New York lost for the fourth time in five games. Kara Braxton had 14 points and 13 rebounds, while DeMya Walker and Cappie Pondexter scored 12 points each.
The Dream led by as many as 18 in the game and took a 26-16 advantage into the second quarter. New York grabbed a two-point lead at halftime, but Atlanta outscored the Liberty, 25-10, in the third quarter en route to the win.
- ATLANTA: 74
NEW YORK: 64
Jun 24 6:24 PM
- ATLANTA: 38
NEW YORK: 40
Jun 24 5:05 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 24 4:22 PM
- Mystics acquire Hollingsworth from Liberty Apr 15
- Lynx acquire McCarville in three-team trade Mar 1
- Carson re-signs with Liberty, Smith signs as free agent Feb 26
- Atlanta picks up Thomas from Washington Feb 19
- Dream re-sign McCoughtry Feb 7
- Bill Laimbeer appointed Liberty's coach/GM Oct 25
- Fever down Dream to advance to conference finals Oct 2
- Fever even up series in Atlanta Sep 30
- Sun score final 14 points, sweep Liberty Sep 29
- Harding, Dream upset Fever in Game 1 Sep 28
- League MVP Charles leads Sun to Game 1 win over Liberty Sep 28
- Lawson leads Sun past Dream Sep 23