Young leads Silver Stars past ShockAug 18, 2012 - 2:52 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Sophia Young poured in a game-high 20 points on Friday and the San Antonio Silver Stars returned from the WNBA's Olympic break with an 89-79 win over the Tulsa Shock.
Jia Perkins added 17 points off the bench while Becky Hammon and Danielle Robinson chipped in with 15 points apiece for the Silver Stars in their franchise-record 10th straight win. They've won the last eight meetings between the teams.
Riquna Williams led all Tulsa scorers with 17 points and Glory Johnson and Roneeka Hodges scored 16 and 15 points respectively for the Shock, who have lost five of their last six.
San Antonio built a 14-point lead after the first quarter but Tulsa outscored the Silver Stars 31-17 in the second stanza to send the teams into the locker room tied at 46.
The Shock led 63-62 after three, but the Silver Stars ran away with it in the fourth, outscoring Tulsa 27-16 over the final ten minutes. The Silver Stars shot 10-of-14 from the field in the field period.
- SAN ANTONIO: 89
Aug 17 10:13 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 46
Aug 17 8:58 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 17 8:08 PM
- Mercury squeak past Shock in OT Sun
- Ogwumike leads Sparks in rout of Silver Stars Sun
- Brunson, Whalen help Lynx down Shock Fri
- Lynx pull away from Silver Stars in second half Jun 11
- Delle Donne lifts Sky over Silver Stars Jun 9
- Sparks down Shock in OT Jun 9
- Shock down Storm for first win of the season Jun 8
- Robinson, Silver Stars hand Sky first loss Jun 7
- Prince pushes Sky past Shock Jun 2
- Silver Stars hold on to down Sparks Jun 1
- Pondexter helps Liberty down Shock in OT May 31
- Mystics win season opener in OT May 27