Lynx rout MysticsAug 18, 2012 - 2:35 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus scored 20 points, Maya Moore added 17, and the Minnesota Lynx returned from the WNBA's Olympic break with a 98-69 pasting of the Washington Mystics on Friday.
Augustus, Moore and Lindsay Whalen, who scored 10 points, helped the U.S. capture its fifth straight gold medal in London.
Monica Wright also scored 17 for the Lynx, who have won three straight games. They improved to 10-1 at home this season.
Monique Currie, Crystal Langhorne, and Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton each scored 12 points for the Mystics, who returned from the break on Thursday with an 84-66 loss to Indiana.
Washington led just once, 6-4, on a putback by Currie, but Wright went 3-for-3 from the field in the first quarter and scored seven points en route to a 26-15 advantage.
The Lynx continued to take control and led by as many as 33 in the rout.
- Lynx win second WNBA title in three years Oct 11
- Minnesota's Moore wins WNBA Finals MVP Oct 11
- Augustus, Lynx take 2-0 lead over Dream Oct 8
- Lynx rout Dream in Game 1 of WNBA Finals Oct 7
- Lynx sweep Mercury, return to WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Whalen, Lynx rout Mercury to take 1-0 lead in West finals Sep 27
- Dream down Mystics in Game 3, advance to East finals Sep 23
- Augustus helps Lynx sweep Storm Sep 22
- McCoughtry, Dream top Mystics Sep 22
- Lynx pull away, top Storm in Game 1 Sep 20
- Latta, Mystics down Dream in Game 1 Sep 20
- Fowles, Moore repeat as WNBA Players of Month Sep 17