Lynx rout MysticsAug 18, 2012 - 2:35 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus scored 20 points, Maya Moore added 17, and the Minnesota Lynx returned from the WNBA's Olympic break with a 98-69 pasting of the Washington Mystics on Friday.
Augustus, Moore and Lindsay Whalen, who scored 10 points, helped the U.S. capture its fifth straight gold medal in London.
Monica Wright also scored 17 for the Lynx, who have won three straight games. They improved to 10-1 at home this season.
Monique Currie, Crystal Langhorne, and Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton each scored 12 points for the Mystics, who returned from the break on Thursday with an 84-66 loss to Indiana.
Washington led just once, 6-4, on a putback by Currie, but Wright went 3-for-3 from the field in the first quarter and scored seven points en route to a 26-15 advantage.
The Lynx continued to take control and led by as many as 33 in the rout.
- Lynx waive Adair May 16
- Mystics acquire Hollingsworth from Liberty Apr 15
- Atlanta picks up Thomas from Washington Feb 19
- Lynx re-sign C Adair Feb 1
- Thibault resurfaces with Mystics Dec 18
- Reeve signs extension with Lynx Dec 6
- Catch the Fever: Indiana wins WNBA title Oct 22
- Fever on doorstep of 1st WNBA title Oct 19
- Augustus, Lynx even series with Game 2 victory Oct 17
- Catchings, Fever hold off Lynx to take Game 1 Oct 15
- Lynx hold off Sparks to return to Finals Oct 7
- Moore, Lynx make statement with Game 1 win over Sparks Oct 4