Lyttle carries Dream over SkyAug 23, 2012 - 1:36 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Sancho Lyttle scored 24 points and pulled down seven rebounds to guide the Atlanta Dream over the Chicago Sky, 82-71, at Philips Arena.
Tiffany Hayes added 18 points, Armintie Price had 14 and Lindsey Harding scored 13 for Atlanta in the win. Atlanta bounced back from a loss at Indiana on Saturday, which marked the conclusion of an eight-game road trip. This was the Dream's first home game since June 26 against Indiana.
Sylvia Fowles made all seven of her field goal attempts, on the way to 22 points, but Chicago lost its eighth in a row. The last victory for the Sky came July 1 against the Dream.
Swin Cash tallied 19 points and Shay Murphy scored 10 for the Sky, who committed 16 turnovers, leading to 22 Atlanta points.
The Dream held a 22-19 lead after the first quarter, but pulled away in the second by shooting 9-of-13 from the floor for a 48-31 halftime cushion.
Cash scored 12 in the third quarter to help the Sky get within eight at the end of the period.
A layup from Ticha Penicheiro cut the deficit to 69-66 with 5:41 left in the game, but Murphy missed a pair of potential tying 3-point shots. Hayes then completed a three-point play with 4:11 left, and the Sky didn't get closer than four points the rest of the way.
- Dream make Michael Cooper head coach Nov 21
- Williams won't return for Dream Oct 21
- Lynx win second WNBA title in three years Oct 11
- Augustus, Lynx take 2-0 lead over Dream Oct 8
- Lynx rout Dream in Game 1 of WNBA Finals Oct 7
- McCoughtry, Dream reach WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Dream gain early upper hand over Fever in East Finals Sep 26
- Dream down Mystics in Game 3, advance to East finals Sep 23
- Fever cruise past Sky, return to conference finals Sep 22
- McCoughtry, Dream top Mystics Sep 22
- Fever beat top-seeded Sky to open playoffs Sep 20
- Latta, Mystics down Dream in Game 1 Sep 20