Prince helps Sky top LibertySep 8, 2012 - 2:23 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Epiphanny Prince poured in a game-high 30 points and pulled down five rebounds as the Chicago Sky beat the New York Liberty, 92-83, on Friday at Prudential Center.
Tamera Young netted 19 points on 8-of-11 shooting and grabbed five boards, Courtney Vandersloot added 12 points and Swin Cash donated 10 points in the victory for Chicago, which leap-frogged New York and moved into fourth place in the Eastern Conference.
Cappie Pondexter led the Liberty with 24 points, Plenette Pierson had 15 points, while Kara Braxton and Essence Carson put home 13 and 12 points, respectively, as New York saw it's two-game winning streak come to an end.
Chicago led 25-18 after one quarter and 46-41 at halftime before taking control in the third quarter, outscoring the Liberty 26-20 in the frame.
New York fought back in the final frame, but the hill was ultimately too large to climb.
The Sky shot an efficient 50.8 percent and grew their lead to as large as 13.
- Sky give Prince extension May 17
- Mystics acquire Hollingsworth from Liberty Apr 15
- Lynx acquire McCarville in three-team trade Mar 1
- Carson re-signs with Liberty, Smith signs as free agent Feb 26
- Bill Laimbeer appointed Liberty's coach/GM Oct 25
- Sun score final 14 points, sweep Liberty Sep 29
- League MVP Charles leads Sun to Game 1 win over Liberty Sep 28
- Vandersloot leads Sky over Mystics Sep 22
- Liberty use big second half to top Shock Sep 22
- Dream eliminate Sky from postseason contention Sep 20
- Shock win, but Liberty clinch playoff spot Sep 20
- Wauters helps Storm take down Sky Sep 19