Storm down Mercury in regular-season finaleSep 23, 2012 - 10:30 PM Seattle Storm past the Phoenix Mercury, 71-57, on Sunday.
Sue Bird added 13 points while Katie Smith and Shekinna Stricklen finished with 10 apiece for the Storm (16-18), who ended the regular season with three straight wins.
Seattle holds the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
DeWanna Bonner netted 13 points to pace Phoenix (7-27), which dropped its final seven games.
Candice Dupree and Nakia Sanford each contributed 10 points in the loss.
The Mercury carried a 16-11 lead into the second quarter, but Seattle opened the frame with a 21-6 run and never looked back, holding at least a four-point lead for the remainder of the game.
- Storm's Jackson to sit out 2013 WNBA season Feb 6
- Storm C Jackson has surgery Jan 9
- Storm G Bird has hip surgery Oct 5
- Augustus, Moore help Lynx advance to West finals Oct 2
- Storm down Lynx in double overtime to even series Oct 1
- Whalen shines as Lynx weather Storm in Game 1 Sep 28
- Mercury win No. 1 pick Sep 26
- Storm cruises past Silver Stars Sep 22
- Moore shines as Lynx maul Mercury Sep 22
- Mercury's Dupree signs extension Sep 21
- Sparks rout Mercury, clinch West's No. 2 seed Sep 19