Storm down Mercury in regular-season finaleSep 23, 2012 - 10:30 PM Seattle Storm past the Phoenix Mercury, 71-57, on Sunday.
Sue Bird added 13 points while Katie Smith and Shekinna Stricklen finished with 10 apiece for the Storm (16-18), who ended the regular season with three straight wins.
Seattle holds the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
DeWanna Bonner netted 13 points to pace Phoenix (7-27), which dropped its final seven games.
Candice Dupree and Nakia Sanford each contributed 10 points in the loss.
The Mercury carried a 16-11 lead into the second quarter, but Seattle opened the frame with a 21-6 run and never looked back, holding at least a four-point lead for the remainder of the game.
- Mercury name Brondello head coach Nov 15
- Lynx sweep Mercury, return to WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Whalen, Lynx rout Mercury to take 1-0 lead in West finals Sep 27
- Griner's late bucket sends Mercury to West finals Sep 24
- Augustus helps Lynx sweep Storm Sep 22
- Parker leads Sparks over Mercury Sep 22
- Lynx pull away, top Storm in Game 1 Sep 20
- Taurasi helps Phoenix take Game 1 over LA Sep 20
- Sparks pummel Mercury in playoff preview Sep 15
- Thompson leads Storm past Shock Sep 15
- Taurasi's double-double powers Mercury past Silver Stars Sep 14
- Stricklen leads Storm past Shock Sep 12