Lynx hand Sparks first loss of seasonMay 25, 2012 - 2:25 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus dropped in a game-high 25 points as the Minnesota Lynx outlasted the Los Angeles Sparks, 92-84, on Thursday.
Rebekkah Brunson added 17 points and seven rebounds while Lindsay Whalen had 14 points and Maya Moore contributed 11 with seven boards for the Lynx, who improved to 3-0 on the season.
Candace Parker and Kristi Toliver netted 23 points apiece to pace Los Angeles, which suffered its first loss of the season to fall to 2-1 on the year.
Nneka Ogwumike finished with 20 points and nine rebounds in a losing effort.
Minnesota trailed by as much as nine late in the third quarter, but chipped away at the lead to trail 70-66 entering the fourth.
The Lynx then opened the final frame with back-to-back baskets by Brunson and Whalen to tie the score at 70 and it remained a one-possession game until the closing moments of the fourth quarter.
Toliver's three-pointer knotted the game at 82 with just under three minutes left in the contest, but consecutive treys by Candice Wiggins and Augustus put Minnesota on top for good and the Sparks would get no closer than four the rest of the way.
- LOS ANGELES: 84
May 24 10:02 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 47
May 24 8:54 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
May 24 8:11 PM
- Lynx waive Adair May 16
- Harding joins Sparks Feb 5
- Lynx re-sign C Adair Feb 1
- Reeve signs extension with Lynx Dec 6
- Catch the Fever: Indiana wins WNBA title Oct 22
- Fever on doorstep of 1st WNBA title Oct 19
- Augustus, Lynx even series with Game 2 victory Oct 17
- Catchings, Fever hold off Lynx to take Game 1 Oct 15
- Lynx hold off Sparks to return to Finals Oct 7
- Moore, Lynx make statement with Game 1 win over Sparks Oct 4
- Augustus, Moore help Lynx advance to West finals Oct 2
- Storm down Lynx in double overtime to even series Oct 1