Whalen's layup keeps Lynx unbeatenMay 31, 2012 - 1:50 AM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - Lindsay Whalen's layup with one second left kept the Minnesota Lynx unbeaten with a 79-77 win over the Washington Mystics on Wednesday night.
Maya Moore and Rebekkah Brunson scored 16 points apiece, Seimone Augustus had 15 and Whalen chipped in 11 points for the defending champion Lynx, who moved to 5-0 on the season.
It was their closest game of the season by far. They had beaten Phoenix, New York, Los Angeles and Seattle by an average of more than 15 points.
The Mystics got 20 points off the bench from Matee Ajavon and 13 apiece from Monique Currie and Noelle Quinn.
Crystal Langhorne added 12 points, the last two coming with 25.7 seconds left to tie the game at 77 before Whalen's bucket.
- MINNESOTA: 79
May 30 8:59 PM
- MINNESOTA: 68
End of 3rd
May 30 8:29 PM
- MINNESOTA: 51
May 30 7:53 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
May 30 7:19 PM
- Lynx win second WNBA title in three years Oct 11
- Minnesota's Moore wins WNBA Finals MVP Oct 11
- Augustus, Lynx take 2-0 lead over Dream Oct 8
- Lynx rout Dream in Game 1 of WNBA Finals Oct 7
- Lynx sweep Mercury, return to WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Whalen, Lynx rout Mercury to take 1-0 lead in West finals Sep 27
- Dream down Mystics in Game 3, advance to East finals Sep 23
- Augustus helps Lynx sweep Storm Sep 22
- McCoughtry, Dream top Mystics Sep 22
- Lynx pull away, top Storm in Game 1 Sep 20
- Latta, Mystics down Dream in Game 1 Sep 20
- Fowles, Moore repeat as WNBA Players of Month Sep 17