Whalen's layup keeps Lynx unbeatenMay 31, 2012 - 1:50 AM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - Lindsay Whalen's layup with one second left kept the Minnesota Lynx unbeaten with a 79-77 win over the Washington Mystics on Wednesday night.
Maya Moore and Rebekkah Brunson scored 16 points apiece, Seimone Augustus had 15 and Whalen chipped in 11 points for the defending champion Lynx, who moved to 5-0 on the season.
It was their closest game of the season by far. They had beaten Phoenix, New York, Los Angeles and Seattle by an average of more than 15 points.
The Mystics got 20 points off the bench from Matee Ajavon and 13 apiece from Monique Currie and Noelle Quinn.
Crystal Langhorne added 12 points, the last two coming with 25.7 seconds left to tie the game at 77 before Whalen's bucket.
- MINNESOTA: 79
May 30 8:59 PM
- MINNESOTA: 68
End of 3rd
May 30 8:29 PM
- MINNESOTA: 51
May 30 7:53 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
May 30 7:19 PM
- Lynx waive Adair May 16
- Mystics acquire Hollingsworth from Liberty Apr 15
- Atlanta picks up Thomas from Washington Feb 19
- Lynx re-sign C Adair Feb 1
- Thibault resurfaces with Mystics Dec 18
- Reeve signs extension with Lynx Dec 6
- Catch the Fever: Indiana wins WNBA title Oct 22
- Fever on doorstep of 1st WNBA title Oct 19
- Augustus, Lynx even series with Game 2 victory Oct 17
- Catchings, Fever hold off Lynx to take Game 1 Oct 15
- Lynx hold off Sparks to return to Finals Oct 7
- Moore, Lynx make statement with Game 1 win over Sparks Oct 4