Parker, Sparks beat Sun for 5th straight winJun 14, 2012 - 2:29 AM Los Angeles Sparks beat the Connecticut Sun, 87-81, for their fifth straight win.
Nneka Ogwumike added 18 points and Jantel Lavender scored 10 for the Sparks, who moved to 6-1 on the season.
Tina Charles had 19 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Sun, who had a three- game winning streak snapped with only their second loss in eight games this season.
Renee Montgomery added 12 points, Tan White scored 11 and Asjha Jones had 10 in the loss.
Prior to Wednesday, both teams' only setback of the season had come against Minnesota.
- LOS ANGELES: 87
Jun 13 10:08 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 40
Jun 13 8:49 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 13 8:02 PM
- Sun win top pick in WNBA draft lottery Tue
- Sparks sign Ross to multi-year extension Dec 5
- Griner's late bucket sends Mercury to West finals Sep 24
- Parker leads Sparks over Mercury Sep 22
- Taurasi helps Phoenix take Game 1 over LA Sep 20
- Sparks' Parker wins second WNBA MVP award Sep 19
- Late free throws lead Sun over Fever Sep 15
- Sparks pummel Mercury in playoff preview Sep 15
- Mystics sink club-record 12 threes in rout of Sun Sep 13
- Ogwumike helps Sparks edge Lynx Sep 13
- Bass' late layup lifts Sun over Dream Sep 11
- Fever clinch playoff berth with win over Sun Sep 7