Mystics hold on for win over FeverJun 16, 2012 - 1:44 AM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - Crystal Langhorne netted a game-high 22 points and pulled down 13 rebounds on Friday and the Washington Mystics held on for a 67-66 win over the Indiana Fever at Verizon Center.
Indiana's Jeanette Pohlen sank a layup with 28.3 seconds left to make it a one-point game. After Michelle Snow missed a jumper for the Mystics, Tamika Catchings missed a three-pointer with 1.9 seconds on the clock. Katie Douglas was there for the rebound, but missed a layup as the final buzzer sounded.
Matee Ajavon added 15 points and Jasmine Thomas contributed 12 rebounds to go with six points for the Mystics, who improved to 2-5 on the season.
Catchings led the attack for the Fever with 15 points and nine rebounds. Tammy Sutton-Brown scored 13 points and Briann January added 11 for Indiana, which has dropped three straight.
Washington held a 59-49 lead heading into the fourth quarter, but a quick 7-2 spurt by the Fever cut the margin to five with just under seven minutes to play.
A three-point play by Sutton-Brown with 2:25 left pulled the Fever within two, but a layup by Shannon Bobbitt with 46.2 seconds to go gave the Mystics a five-point advantage.
- INDIANA: 66
Jun 15 9:23 PM
- INDIANA: 31
Jun 15 8:00 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 15 7:10 PM
- Storm down Mystics in OT 1:04a
- Langhorne, Mystics send Fever to fifth straight loss Sun
- Charles leads Sun past struggling Fever Jun 12
- Latta, Brunson named WNBA Players of the Week Jun 10
- Mystics get by Lynx Jun 8
- Mercury down Fever for first win of season Jun 8
- Latta guides Mystics past Sun Jun 7
- Liberty rally to beat Fever in OT Jun 5
- Dream push past Mystics Jun 2
- Dream spoil Fever's ring night May 31
- Mystics win season opener in OT May 27
- Catchings, Zellous fuel Fever past Silver Stars in WNBA opener May 24