Storm take down Silver StarsJun 23, 2012 - 4:32 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Tanisha Wright poured in a game-high 20 points and dished out seven assists as the Seattle Storm knocked off the San Antonio Silver Stars, 82-76 on Friday.
Katie Smith netted 13 points, Camille Little had 12, Ann Wauters scored 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds, while Tina Thompson contributed 12 points and nine rebounds off the bench for Seattle, which has won three consecutive games.
Jia Perkins led the Silver Stars with 20 points in a reserve role and Sophia Young added 16 points, including a perfect 12-for-12 from the free throw line, for San Antonio, which had a two-game winning streak snapped. Becky Hammon added 14 points and six assists in defeat.
Seattle was outscored in the first quarter, trailing 17-11 after one, but roared back to take control of the game in the second, outscoring San Antonio 21-11 in the frame.
Seattle shot 45.3 percent from the floor and forced 14 turnovers on the defensive end of the floor. San Antonio shot an ineffective 35.1 percent overall and was dominated inside, losing the points in the paint battle, 34-14. The Storm also poured in 12 second-chance points thanks to eight offensive rebounds.
- SAN ANTONIO: 76
Jun 23 12:11 AM
- SAN ANTONIO: 28
Jun 22 10:51 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 22 10:10 PM
- Augustus helps Lynx sweep Storm Sep 22
- Lynx pull away, top Storm in Game 1 Sep 20
- Adams leads Silver Stars in rout of Dream Sep 15
- Thompson leads Storm past Shock Sep 15
- Taurasi's double-double powers Mercury past Silver Stars Sep 14
- Stricklen leads Storm past Shock Sep 12
- Lynx secure West's top seed with win in Seattle Sep 11
- Shock's Williams nets WNBA-record 51 points Sep 8
- Lynx cruise past Storm Sep 8
- Mercury edge Silver Stars, clinch playoff berth Sep 7
- Catchings, Thompson named WNBA Players of the Week Sep 3
- Sparks handle Silver Stars Aug 31