Storm take down Silver StarsJun 23, 2012 - 4:32 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Tanisha Wright poured in a game-high 20 points and dished out seven assists as the Seattle Storm knocked off the San Antonio Silver Stars, 82-76 on Friday.
Katie Smith netted 13 points, Camille Little had 12, Ann Wauters scored 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds, while Tina Thompson contributed 12 points and nine rebounds off the bench for Seattle, which has won three consecutive games.
Jia Perkins led the Silver Stars with 20 points in a reserve role and Sophia Young added 16 points, including a perfect 12-for-12 from the free throw line, for San Antonio, which had a two-game winning streak snapped. Becky Hammon added 14 points and six assists in defeat.
Seattle was outscored in the first quarter, trailing 17-11 after one, but roared back to take control of the game in the second, outscoring San Antonio 21-11 in the frame.
Seattle shot 45.3 percent from the floor and forced 14 turnovers on the defensive end of the floor. San Antonio shot an ineffective 35.1 percent overall and was dominated inside, losing the points in the paint battle, 34-14. The Storm also poured in 12 second-chance points thanks to eight offensive rebounds.
- SAN ANTONIO: 76
Jun 23 12:11 AM
- SAN ANTONIO: 28
Jun 22 10:51 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 22 10:10 PM
- Storm down Mystics in OT 1:04a
- Storm cruise past Sun Sun
- Ogwumike leads Sparks in rout of Silver Stars Sun
- McCoughtry powers Dream past Storm Fri
- Lynx pull away from Silver Stars in second half Jun 11
- Delle Donne lifts Sky over Silver Stars Jun 9
- Shock down Storm for first win of the season Jun 8
- Robinson, Silver Stars hand Sky first loss Jun 7
- Storm hang on late to down Mercury Jun 2
- Silver Stars hold on to down Sparks Jun 1
- Tina Thompson to retire following 2013 season May 31
- Sparks stomp Storm May 26