Fever hold on to top ShockJun 24, 2012 - 2:47 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings poured in 16 points to go with eight rebounds and four assists on Saturday and the Indiana Fever held on for a 73-70 victory over the Tulsa Shock at BOK Center.
Katie Douglas scored 14 points and grabbed five boards and Briann January added 13 points for the Fever, who have won two straight games. Erin Phillips donated 10 points off the bench in the victory.
Glory Johnson put home a game-high 22 points and pulled down five rebounds, while Temeka Johnson netted 17 points, but it wasn't enough for the Shock, who have lost two straight and fell to 1-11 on the season.
Trailing by eight entering the fourth quarter, the Shock picked up their game in the final frame as a pair of Johnson free throws pulled Tulsa even at 67-67 with 53.5 seconds left.
Indiana's Tammy Sutton-Brown was fouled shortly thereafter and made 1-of-2 free throws. Catchings grabbed the rebound when Sutton-Brown missed her second try, and Phillips buried a three with 16.4 seconds to go.
Temeka Johnson sank a three for the Shock with 11.7 seconds left to cut the deficit to one, but Catchings calmly drained two free throws and Ivory Latta missed a potential tying three-pointer just before the buzzer.
- INDIANA: 73
Jun 23 10:21 PM
- INDIANA: 33
Jun 23 9:01 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 23 8:10 PM
- Indiana's Davenport sidelined with fractured tibia Wed
- Lynx acquire McCarville in three-team trade Mar 1
- Catch the Fever: Indiana wins WNBA title Oct 22
- Indiana's Pohlen out with torn ACL Oct 20
- Fever on doorstep of 1st WNBA title Oct 19
- Indiana's Douglas to miss Game 3 of WNBA Finals Oct 19
- Augustus, Lynx even series with Game 2 victory Oct 17
- Catchings, Fever hold off Lynx to take Game 1 Oct 15
- Fever bury Sun to advance to Finals Oct 11
- Zellous lifts Fever over Sun in Game 2 Oct 8
- Sun down Fever in Game 1 Oct 5
- Fever down Dream to advance to conference finals Oct 2