Young, Silver Stars down SparksJun 25, 2012 - 3:12 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Sophia Young dropped in a game-high 20 points and pulled down nine rebounds as the San Antonio Silver Stars downed the Los Angeles Sparks, 91-71, on Sunday.
Shameka Christon added 16 points, Danielle Robinson finished with 14, and Becky Hammon contributed a double-double with 12 points and 10 assists in San Antonio's third win in four games.
Jayne Appel had nine points and 11 rebounds for the Silver Stars, who never trailed in the game and led by as many as 22 points.
Candace Parker paced Los Angeles with 15 points and 15 rebounds. DeLisha Milton-Jones had 13 points and April Sykes netted 11, while Nneka Ogwumike and Alana Beard contributed 10 apiece for the Sparks, who had their three-game win streak snapped.
- SAN ANTONIO: 91
LOS ANGELES: 71
Jun 24 10:33 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 42
LOS ANGELES: 36
Jun 24 9:26 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 24 8:42 PM
- Sparks sign Ross to multi-year extension Dec 5
- Griner's late bucket sends Mercury to West finals Sep 24
- Parker leads Sparks over Mercury Sep 22
- Taurasi helps Phoenix take Game 1 over LA Sep 20
- Sparks' Parker wins second WNBA MVP award Sep 19
- Adams leads Silver Stars in rout of Dream Sep 15
- Sparks pummel Mercury in playoff preview Sep 15
- Taurasi's double-double powers Mercury past Silver Stars Sep 14
- Ogwumike helps Sparks edge Lynx Sep 13
- Shock's Williams nets WNBA-record 51 points Sep 8
- Mercury edge Silver Stars, clinch playoff berth Sep 7
- Parker, Sparks down Shock Sep 6