Parker pushes Sparks past LynxJul 5, 2012 - 9:27 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Candace Parker recorded a double-double on Thursday with 28 points and 13 rebounds as the Los Angeles Sparks topped the Minnesota Lynx, 96-90, at Staples Center.
Kristi Toliver poured in a game-high 29 points to go with six assists, while rookie Nneka Ogwumike chipped in 12 points and seven boards to help the Sparks snap a five-game losing streak against the Lynx.
Seimone Augustus finished with 18 points to lead the Lynx, who suffered consecutive defeats for the first time since June 24-26, 2011.
After a tightly contested first half found the Sparks leading 49-43 at halftime, Los Angeles surged ahead in the third stanza by shooting 57 percent from the field.
Parker registered nine points in the frame to help her team take a 75-57 advantage into the final 10 minutes.
Three consecutive three-pointers found the Lynx within six late in the fourth quarter, but Los Angeles went 12-for-12 from the free throw line over the final two minutes to hold on for the victory.
- MINNESOTA: 90
LOS ANGELES: 96
Jul 5 5:15 PM
- MINNESOTA: 43
LOS ANGELES: 49
Jul 5 3:56 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 5 3:11 PM
- Ogwumike leads Sparks in rout of Silver Stars Sun
- Mercury scorch Sparks Sat
- Brunson, Whalen help Lynx down Shock Fri
- Lynx pull away from Silver Stars in second half Jun 11
- Latta, Brunson named WNBA Players of the Week Jun 10
- Sparks down Shock in OT Jun 9
- Mystics get by Lynx Jun 8
- Moore, Lynx crush Mercury Jun 6
- Silver Stars hold on to down Sparks Jun 1
- Moore, Lynx open season by beating Sun Jun 1
- Sparks stomp Storm May 26
- Lynx waive Adair May 16